1,328 results
All reviews borgo pinti la giostra quiet street charming hotel jacuzzi bath within walking distance old world charm antique furniture main building old building pastries breakfast room single room main attractions side street lovely room central location
Reviewed August 27, 2015

I hesitate to tell you about this gem because I want to keep it to ourselves.
The Monna Lisa is a wonderful hotel. We have been going for 10 years and have never been disappointed. Centrally located on a very quiet street. Steps from the Duomo and very close to the Arno. Beautiful breakfast buffet. Fabulous garden. Very helpful front desk staff. All of the amenities you could wish for.
The best feature, however, is the beautiful courtyard at the back of the hotel. Private tables. Lush plants and an attentive bar tender. A perfect respite from the crowds of Florence. Stay here!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed August 26, 2015

This place oozes charm. The gardens are lovely and you don't feel that you are in the middle of the city. We stayed both our first and last nights in Florence here and loved it both times. (When we arrived, we hadn't booked our hotel for our last night and after just a few hours of being at the hotel, we decided to stay there for our last night as well. Fortunately, there was a vacancy.)

The first night, our room faced the garden so our view was lovely. The room was sufficient for our needs. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean.

They are located very close to the Duomo so we had a good time walking around that area as well as along the river. When we got back from sightseeing, we sat in the garden and ordered wine which came with free snacks. The bartender, Vincenzo, is so funny and nice.

On our last night, we had a different room in the same building. No view to speak of but still lovely and quiet.

We were only able to eat breakfast on our first time there, as our flight was too early on our second visit. Pastries, hard boiled eggs, cheeses, meats, toast, fresh jams. We arrived at breakfast towards the end of the time (10 AM, I think) so there wasn't a lot of food left so I would recommend getting there early. Doesn't appear that they replenish it much, if at all.

The staff was lovely and welcoming.

I wish our plans allowed us to stay in Florence longer, as I would have liked to have explored the hotel more.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are probably the quietest.
Reviewed August 25, 2015

I was referred by Hotel Cardinal of Florence to this hotel at the last minute and I was glad that they were able to accommodate us. However, only two single rooms were available so my cousin and I took it anyway. I let her stay in the ground floor since she just had knee surgery. Thinking the single room would be the same kind basically, I was wrong. When I went to the shower, the shower was right where the toilet and bidet was without any divider. This is probably acceptable in Italy but honestly. When I went to tell them about the single room I had and the shower, the staff is not trained to pacify an irate client. No sorry, no let me see if I can find another room for you because maybe someone has checked out. I'm just complaining about the shower because if I went to complain about the room itself, I'd be truly annoyed because I hate complaining while I'm on vacation. Also, I wondered why I couldn't get wifi inside the room. The hotel staff told me that you can only get free wifi outside the rooms. You had to be in the lobby or the garden. No wonder there were so many people in the lobby! He asked if I wanted to purchase the wifi so I can use it inside my hotel room. They are making me laugh. They call themselves a four star hotel? Service is all-important at four-star hotels. The staff is judged on courtesy, knowledge, efficiency, promptness, comportment and anticipation of guests' needs.Beds have high-quality linens, including either washable duvets or triple sheeting. Pillows are luxurious and numerous. Don't they know that comforters are no longer used in US hotels because they are not washed until stained and they are dusty? They also had dusty curtains because I started sneezing when I stayed in this single room. And guess what? I couldn't find the light switch to the toilet? You'll never know where it was. Even the one who was sent to my room had to find it. And I'm NOT telling.
I should be paid to stay in this single room. But of course they charged me the same price as the other single room that didn't look like mine at all.

But there's hope. At least I can say something nice with the buffet breakfast. There is a good selection to choose from. Here you can say they are buffet 4 star. And their lobby also looks good with free newspaper. They even have free hotel postcard! At least get one for a souvenir.

If there is no other place to go and you're sent here, please check out the rooms first. I only stayed in a single because there was no other choice. But I'm sure if we went to check the other hotels, we would have gotten a better room for the price we paid for two (2) singles.

There were so many other inefficiencies. But I'll stop here. When staff is not trained in customer service, it is the fault of the hotel manager. I really honestly hope they will improve their service.

Room Tip: Never get a room WITHOUT checking it first.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Parisbreakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2015

Pros: walking distance to most important sights, quiet, beautifully-furnished, lovely garden, interesting old building, helpful staff, well-functioning AC, decent-sized bathroom, free upgrade to a better room (although I didn't need the condescending look from front desk staff when I asked whether we would be charged for the upgrade - this was a reasonable question for first-time travellers to Italy).

Cons: no free wifi in room, breakfast staff were wildly overwhelmed at least one morning, hotel bar was quite expensive

1  Thank Amenax2
Reviewed August 23, 2015

We choose the hotel for two mean reasons.
First because it is close to one of the most beautiful synagogues of Europe.
Second we liked the beautiful garden at the back of the hotel in the middle
of the city and the classic style of the hotel attracted us very much

Room Tip: Do not open window during the night both for safety and to avoid mosquitos which saeems to be a big problem after rain in summer.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel