“Perfect Spot - away from the crowds but close to everything”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #2 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Spot - away from the crowds but close to everything”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

You can really have your pick when staying at this hotel - catch the bus across the road and head straight into town and get dropped off where your like, be it the train station or the city centre, or just walk along the river and soak up Florence and its beauty.
This hotel was just like one massive house that had been broken up into little rooms. Not the kind of place I would choose to stay but fortunately my partner was doing the choosing and sometimes women know best.
The hotel is well set out with a beautiful little garden and a mini happy hour at 5pm everyday where you can enjoy drinks and nibblies and socialise with other guests. It`s such a fantastic location, just on the outskirts of the city, to enjoy a drink - and the garden creates a great vibe making it a haven to relax before heading out for dinner or retreating to your room.
The breakfast menu was fantastic with lots of fresh and tasty food.
The rooms here are clean and large - they are a good size for a couple and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms were also clean and roomy.
The staff here were super friendly and spoke perfect English they were able to assist with any questions we had.
It`s also important to mention that the hotel provides free phone calls everyday for guests. These are capped to one call a day for 5 or 10 minutes but either way this really helps you to keep in contact with others when you are travelling
The hotel itself is a beautiful building and within a few minutes walk are some great restaurants which are well priced and serve great food.
The hotel was very easy to get to with public transport, the bus begins its journey across the road and finishes at the train station, but I think walking is the most pleasant way to get to the city centre from the hotel. It literally is a 20 minute stroll along a beautiful river and you can`t help but be at peace walking in Florence - it really is a magical city. The hotel is situated far enough out of the city to allow you to relax and wind down without the noise and the crowds, but close enough to town so that you enjoy the walk to and from the hotel without getting sore feet and becoming tired.
We found Florence to be a safe city and we found the area around the hotel to be very relaxed with lots of nice restaurants to enjoy a nice meal without having to venture back into town.
I wish I was still there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louche1864
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you liked our location a little away from the mail action but close enough to walk to downtown.
We try to provide a good sevice with many freebies at a reasonable price and this makes a lot of guests very happy and as I read you are one of them!

Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have stayed in Florence 3 times before right in the center of town . I much prefer the location of Hotel David where it is is walking distance or a quick bus ride to the center but quiter and a more authentic feeling. Great happy hour and very nice breakfast. Staff are friendly and helpful. I will stay here on my next trip to Florence.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NatalieFromOttawa
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your appreciation hotels downtown are great but we are very happy to be we re we are and I'm happy you liked it too!
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was my first trip to Italy, and what a wonderful place to stay while your in Florence! It's in the South/East side of the city, in a quieter area, but definitely not a far walk from attractions like Ponte Vecchio, Basilica of Santa Croce, Galleria dell' Accademia (Statue of David) etc. The hotel itself is GORGEOUS! The staff and service are amazing. There is a really good breakfast in the morning, and HAPPY HOUR in the evenings. The rooms are clean, and everyone is unique in it's own way! I will definitely miss this hotel until the next time I come to Florence!!

We were here in 2008, not 2011*

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank hahamysock
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Guest,
Nice to see that you had good time with us we are nearly ready for the new season we are working very hard for all our Guests to give you always the best quality at a reasonable rate and more....
Glasgow
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Nice to feel on the edge of Florence, close enough to get the vibe without the chaos or stress. Really liked the happy hour of drinks and snacks prior to heading out, a nice way to start the evening. Large room; amazing bathroom; laid back and welcoming staff. Worth the extra buck for a relaxed, unpretentious and stress-free experience of Florence. Would definitely look to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jypers
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Guest,
I 'm very happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed being outside the city but close to be walkable to main attractions....
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our trip in October 2011. It is an amazing value for all that is included. Very clean room and large. Bed reasonably comfortable - not the best but certainly not the worst. Nice choices for breakfast and lovely evening wine offerings.
It is a bit out of city and attraction center but they are easily reachable by bus, taxi or about 3/4 mile walk.
We would definitely stay here again if the opportunity presents.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post on this traveler comminity I happy you had good time and I'm sure I will see you back here in Florence.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September 2011 -- we booked this place based on the reviews we found on TripAdvisor. We were happy with our hotel.

We drove to this hotel and were able to park our rental car here for free.

Once we arrived in the hotel, we did not use our car during our stay. We walked across the Ponte Vecchio (bridge) to get to all of the main Florence attractions.

The elevator is quite small -- my boyfriend and I wedged into it with our bags -- not a problem but just a note.

I was able to use the washer/dryer located on the top floor to wash some of our clothes. There was a small fee to use the equipment.

Breakfast was great and had a good selection. Having free internet was also very helpful.

I enjoyed that our room had electric blackout shutters to seal out the light from outside.

The bathroom was the largest bathroom out of all the Italian hotels we stayed at during our September trip.

There's a great restaurant within walking distance from the hotel (will update this review with the name).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SilverStream
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your post we are all very happy you had good time and the photos you did are great!
We wait for you next time you decide to come to visit Florence again!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family and I stayed here in March 2011 and this hotel was a highlight of our Italian adventure. This was my fourth time to Florence and definitely my favourite hotel.

The walk to the Uffizzi was about 15 minutes.. very easy to get around. Being a bit away was a blessing because it was less hectic but close enough.

The service was outstanding.
Breakfast was very good but the capuccino's were outstanding...
Each night we had a 'happy hour' with wine, drinks and snacks
In the room, we had refreshements and snacks
Each day you can make a call home
Free internet

There is no better value.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank sunschein44
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your post on this traveller's community all the staff is very happy you had good time in Florence and you have good memories of your trip; we will do all we can to make this place as better as possible!
I wish you all the best for 2012!