“A great hotel 15 minutes walk from the city centre”
Review of Hotel David

Hotel David
Ranked #2 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A great hotel 15 minutes walk from the city centre”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at hotel David for 2 nights and loved it. The staff were very friendly and helpul with information and the check-in was speedy. There is a free parking, free wi-fi, happy hour with nibbles in the afternoon... Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post we provide the services that we think will be appreciated by travellers and they do!

Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The minute we arrived at the Hotel we were greeted by very helpful friendly staff and owners and a beautiful baby and pretty dog.Friends who stayed at this hotel last October recommended it to us and we could not fault it.Spotlessly clean beautiful rooms with lovely furnishing Lots of freebies. Loved the area where you could make your own coffee tea etc plus drinks anytime for a small charge . Only did happy hour once as we were out in Florence til late but great facility.The location is good away from the bustling centre and a very nice walk. Oh one more thing fab bed very welcome after a busy day sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia I
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm so glad to see that hotel david is now alive again with so many things to discover....
See you next time!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

Fantasic staff, great rooms, clean and spotless bathrooms. Spacious sleeping. So many freebies also like wifi, car parking, happy hour the food and wine is delicious. Just so relaxing after a big day. Free calls home, one per day. The is great. Laundry is available for €6.00 per load, that is great too. The hotel looks like is just had a make over outside. the garden courtyard is beautiful, catch up with other travelers.

It is easy to get into town €1.20 per ticket, one way about 20 minutes along the river and side street, last stop is the Station. Line D. I would stay here again AAAA

Would not hesitate to stay here again, just great

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank AntonellaP67
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Guest,

You make us very happy! We are opened again after a long rennovation ok and this feedback makes us feeling we are going in the right way.....
Solingen, Germany
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We booked the hotel after tripadvisor reviews and could confirm everything we read: Very friendly staff, great breakfast, free telephone at the receiption. However, we also realized, that the bath could have had some renovation. Surprisingly, at our last day, when we picked up our luggage at the receiption - the hotel started to renovate the whole thing! So, as we had been the last guests before renovation, we are eager to come again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank UliRichard
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your post and you are right you were the last to leave and now we are ready for the new season and I hope to see you soon to be able to see what we have done!
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at Hotel David this past September (2011) with four friends and loved it. The location is walkable to the busy downtown area of Florence - took us about 15+ minutes. The hotel offers a fantastic late afternoon 'Happy Hour' that surprised us with all the refreshments that were offered. A beautiful variety of foods and drinks. The courtyard and the sitting areas inside are very nice and comfortable. The morning breakfast was very fresh and good. The hotel offers guests a complimentary phone call which was really nice to be able to make a call back home. The hotel staff was very pleasant and directed us to a wonderful restaurant that we would never have discovered on our own. We stayed in a room on the first floor with four single beds and had plenty of room for all of us to spread out our luggage and feel comfortable. I would return to Hotel David next time I have the opportunity to visit Florence. And honestly, I would make sure Florence was on my itinerary just so I could stay at Hotel David again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank cmp618
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I'm very happy you keep good memories about your trip to Florence and I see that you enjoyed also the place where you staid in!
See you next time you come to Florence.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

You can really have your pick when staying at this hotel - catch the bus across the road and head straight into town and get dropped off where your like, be it the train station or the city centre, or just walk along the river and soak up Florence and its beauty.
This hotel was just like one massive house that had been broken up into little rooms. Not the kind of place I would choose to stay but fortunately my partner was doing the choosing and sometimes women know best.
The hotel is well set out with a beautiful little garden and a mini happy hour at 5pm everyday where you can enjoy drinks and nibblies and socialise with other guests. It`s such a fantastic location, just on the outskirts of the city, to enjoy a drink - and the garden creates a great vibe making it a haven to relax before heading out for dinner or retreating to your room.
The breakfast menu was fantastic with lots of fresh and tasty food.
The rooms here are clean and large - they are a good size for a couple and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms were also clean and roomy.
The staff here were super friendly and spoke perfect English they were able to assist with any questions we had.
It`s also important to mention that the hotel provides free phone calls everyday for guests. These are capped to one call a day for 5 or 10 minutes but either way this really helps you to keep in contact with others when you are travelling
The hotel itself is a beautiful building and within a few minutes walk are some great restaurants which are well priced and serve great food.
The hotel was very easy to get to with public transport, the bus begins its journey across the road and finishes at the train station, but I think walking is the most pleasant way to get to the city centre from the hotel. It literally is a 20 minute stroll along a beautiful river and you can`t help but be at peace walking in Florence - it really is a magical city. The hotel is situated far enough out of the city to allow you to relax and wind down without the noise and the crowds, but close enough to town so that you enjoy the walk to and from the hotel without getting sore feet and becoming tired.
We found Florence to be a safe city and we found the area around the hotel to be very relaxed with lots of nice restaurants to enjoy a nice meal without having to venture back into town.
I wish I was still there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louche1864
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm very happy you liked our location a little away from the mail action but close enough to walk to downtown.
We try to provide a good sevice with many freebies at a reasonable price and this makes a lot of guests very happy and as I read you are one of them!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have stayed in Florence 3 times before right in the center of town . I much prefer the location of Hotel David where it is is walking distance or a quick bus ride to the center but quiter and a more authentic feeling. Great happy hour and very nice breakfast. Staff are friendly and helpful. I will stay here on my next trip to Florence.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NatalieFromOttawa
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your appreciation hotels downtown are great but we are very happy to be we re we are and I'm happy you liked it too!