Lowest prices for your stay
US$70
Free cancellation until 22-12-08
Hotels.comUS$84
TravelocityUS$84
travelup.comUS$86
All reviews great location old building duomo europe heart storage
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

The location is excellent and literally only 3 minutes walk from the Duomo. It's convenience and value has lifted the rating as the hotel has minimal facilities although what they had was more than satisfactory for a couple of nights. Highly recommended!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 241carole
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

So many things wrong with this hotel I don't know where to start. First of all, in today's modern age to have to pay for wifi on top of the price of the room is ridiculous. After spending all day traveling, we went up to our room in the afternoon to relax, we couldn't believe how much construction was going on and the hotel put us in the worst room possible for all the noise, even though the hotel wasn't full.

There was lots of mouse droppings on our balcony so we couldn't use it. The breakfast was horrible, stale pastries and not much to choose from including Coffee from a machine (in Italy of all places). The beds we uncomfortable, and the towels that they provide are like restaurant napkins and didn't even dry you off.

When we complained about the noise, the reception told us to wait a couple hours to nap if we couldn't handle the noise. They didn't think to mention that construction would begin once again at 7am...

It's a beautiful hotel in a great location but they are missing a lot amenities that you would expect even from lower quality hotels. This was by far our worst hotel experience in all of our years of travel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Rooms are clean and fairly comfortable. Breakfast is mediocre, so go elsewhere for something delicious. If your prime desire is to be close to the Duomo, restaurants and shopping, then this hotel is for you. Don't expect luxury, but who goes to Florence to spend much time in their hotel room?

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Susan W
Reviewed August 4, 2016

We could step out of the hotel and see the Duomo!!! The rooms were clean and lovely. Fantastic breakfast!!! Great location as we could walk to everything, including the Ponte Vechio, Duomo and train station.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sproulrx
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

I don't think I've ever given a "5" rating to a hotel unless it's a totally posh hotel, so I guess this is a first. I don't typically "gush" about hotels.

We have a group of 13, and the hotel we had originally planned to stay strangely "lost our reservation". Or whatever. That place will remain unnamed, but this hotel was in our price range and we all went for it. It was booked online, we arrived and were in our rooms within an hour (!). After reading the other reviews, I didn't know what to expect.

Here are some key points when reading other reviews I wanted to address. I'm from the US and can discuss these from a US-citizen point of view.

1. We stayed in rooms 104 & 105 (our family unit of 4 had to split up, which was completely fine). We took what was available.
2. This is an old building, so AC units were not built in. You are given a card to insert into a slot to activate the electricity in your room. If it's hot outside, I suggest you start this up asap. I wasn't really comfortable until about midnight but it's been fine since. I've left the card in the slot the whole time.
3. The towels are the waffle-type cloth and are thin but absorbent. They are not thin because of overuse. There are hand towels in the bathroom. Washcloths are not available but are rarely offered in Europe.
4. My sheets are fine and there is even a top sheet.
5. The bed is the most comfortable I've had thus far and is noiseless. It is hard, but all the mattresses throughout Europe are this way. Pillows are very flat and don't fold well or comfortably.
6. My rooms were very unique with high ceilings, tile floors and I share a cement wall with the neighboring room. I do hear noise from the floor above, the lobby (which has a common area) and there is some road noise. There is a desk with a hidden mini-fridge. The curtains and bed spread are made from the same beautiful material. I'm a bit of a clean freak, and have been here for a few days, so I can speak to the cleanliness of our rooms. They are CLEAN.
7. The staff is amazing, and they work hard. They have gone above and beyond for us. They do not mind communicating with us in English.
8. Wifi is for a charge.
9. The breakfast is not a five-star restaurant, but if you're really wanting a nice breakfast, go out. Meat, cheese, croissants and coffee is all I need. There is some fruit, other breads, juices and other pastries. This is a typical European breakfast.
10. There are 2 (3?) terraces that are great for meeting with friends.
11. Location is GREAT.
12. They do offer laundry service (which we did use) and was like $12/kilogram. It was SO WORTH it to have clean clothes that smell like cinnamon.

The road noise, hall noise, upper level noise, no wifi, mediocre breakfast and hard pillows are the only cons I can think of, which are trivial. If this was a 5-star hotel, these would be an issue, but it isn't because of all the great things they have done for us!

Trip type: Travelled with family