“Loved it!”
Review of Il Guelfo Bianco

Il Guelfo Bianco
Ranked #26 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I stayed 8 nights in late March 2012 and were very pleased with our stay. We loved the decor and the room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful and the breakfasts were delicious... very fresh with a variety of foods to choose from. We feel Il Guelfo Bianco was exceptionally good value and will definitely stay there again on a return visit to Florence.

1  Thank Anne G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,392)

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Guelfo Bianco which must say something. The hotel is well situated with good food and rooms and very helpful and friendly staff - our favourite in Florence.

1  Thank Charl2n
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here last week for 3 nights. Very pleasant experience overall, location, service, breakfast, cleanliness and size of the room, all met our expectations. I can only report two minor annoyances, 1. The Wi-Fi signal in our room was unstable so you would lose connection once in a while and 2. the TV in our room had a mind of its own...it was impossible to switch it off, you had to unplug the cable from the socket and sometimes it would switch from satellite to local channels on its own!!

1  Thank Stef G
GUELFOMANAGER, Manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Stef G,

thanks very much for your review. We are happy our room met your expetations. Reagrding the wi/fi signal (as I already wrote in asnwering to other reviews) I am checking day by day if the signal is working all over. Of course I please the customers who have some problem with it to advice the front desk (tehre is someone 24 hours). I am working all day long and if someone has some problems I am always ready to check with them. The technician who follow us with this system cama in even today just to check it and he found one acces point broken and it change it.
Regarding the tv it will be helpful for to know the room number because it's first time I have this kind of report. If you can send me a message I will be really grateful to you.

Thanks again and waiting for welcoming you here again I remain with my best regards.
Antonella Rocchini

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel from March 5-7, 2012 and it exceeded our expectations in every way. The room and the toilet was spotlessly clean and spacious. The staff were exceptionally helpful and extremely nice to deal with and the breakfast was delicious. This was the best hotel we stayed at, in our three week trip of Tuscany and the South of France.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room close to the elevator. We were lucky to have one far from it but I am sure th...
2  Thank Christine K
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here 20-21 March 2012. Location, service, room size, and cleanliness met or exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was a special treat since it featured local food and condiments. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We just came back from our trip to Florence and we stayed at this hotel. We had gotten a very good deal on the room, so check the hotel website because they sometimes have special offers (especially during the low seasons).

The hotel is housed in a 15th century palazzo and it contains a very interesting art collection. Our room was very comfortable and the Sky channels and free wi-fi were nice. The hotel was refurbished and decorated to a very high level.

The breakfast was varied, fresh and tasty. No complaints there.

My only gripe is that there was some street noise, though this was to be expected as Via Cavour is quite busy.

Would definitely return if I'm ever in Florence again

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street, as it can get noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
GUELFOMANAGER, Manager at Il Guelfo Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Thevalkyrie12,

thanks very much for your review. We really hope to welcome you here again in the future. I woudl like just to pint out something about teh street noisy because I think it will be helpful for all the customers who read the reviews. Our hotel is right in the city center, few steps far from Piazza Duomo (main square). We have rooms overlooking the back side (overlooking garden or courtyard) and rooms overlloking Via Cavour (the main street). Since October 2009 Via Cavour is a 70% pedestrian street (just people who have an authorization to dirve into the center or clients who need to get the hotels can drive into this street). For this reason the street could be not too noisy but you have to consider its' still the city center and many public offices and many hotels are in the center. However all of our windows are equipped with triple glasses and double windows and if you keep the windows closed there is not noisy at all. Our rooms overllooking Via Cavour are very bright and comfortable and especially the de luxe and junior suites very large. Maybe you do not believe me but the rooms overlooking Via Cavour are my favourite ones
A big hug to all of you, ciao
Antonella Rocchini
htl mngr

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights in Mar'12 and i must say its one of the most value and classy hotel through out my 2 weeks holidays in Europe. Its comfortable walking distance to most of the attractions in Florence and pretty quiet and safe location. The room and toilet was very spacious and clean, i stayed in the double room. The breakfast was delicious and fresh bruchetta, fresh milk, parma ham. Other than having to keep signing in to the wifi network, it was a fantastic stay. i am looking forward to my next trip to europe and will definitely stay in this hotel again.