“Not satisfied with my stay”
Review of Hotel Argentina

Hotel Argentina
Ranked #378 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I am a frequent traveller and have stayed at many 3star hotels around the world. I have to admit that this was by far one of the worst 3star hotel i've ever stayed.

The furnishing was old, wallpaper ripping apart and i suffered from skin rashes which i believed that came from the blankets despite never suffering from it before.

The room temperature was cozy but became too hot after a while.

Was charged extra 9euros for what the hotel claimed to be tax. I paid on arrival but a few hours later, the receptionist in duty (a different one compared to the one that served me) thought i did not pay the extra 9euros tax which ended up in some investigation between their internal communication.. it was solved in the end.. basically bad communication between staff

The hotel name itself was already confusing as at the time of my booking it was written as Hotel Curatone but when I arrived it was actually Hotel Argentina.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 September 2011

My friend and I just returned home from a 2-week holiday in Italy. We booked Hotel Argentina, Florence for 3 nights in September 2011. Immediately upon arrival, we were greeted with a lovely English speaking lady who answered all of our questions and assisted us to our room. Luckily they do have an elevator for your luggage! We were in room 5 (there are two room 5s) closest to the breakfast room. It was a decent sized room with AC, TV and private bathroom. It was one of the best sleeps I had on my trip. The breakfast room is large and hosts a buffet each morning - one word of caution though. We didn't realize it's not included in the room price. You pay an additional EUR4.00 a day for it but we felt it was worth it. The location is great too, close to the river that leads in to the main central. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

On our last night we had to listen all night to a large group of stranded kids camped out in the hallway and lobby. Breakfast consisted of donuts and coffee. Dispute booking months in advance we were told we would have to change rooms due to booking error. Basically, you get what you pay for..

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Had to book this hotel because it was one of those hotels which had rooms available in the middle of July fro the price of 90 euro.
The location is rather good: walking distance from the historical centre, not far from the Arno river and also close to the Firenze S.M.N.
The furniture in the room was old, the bathroom was awful. It definitely needs capital repairs. The noise from the street is so loud that it's impossible to fall asleep!
Front office staff was hard to find, they were often absent.

Won't be back for sure and wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed with my friend at the Hotel Argentina Curatone for 2 days. The hotel is a good place to stay. Its location is also great. You can walk to the major sightseeing destinations in this region. Our room was clean and comfortable and had all the necessary amenities like television, air conditioning, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. The bathroom was large enough, clean and had a shower. There was also a lovely bath tub. The staffs were friendly and professional. The breakfast was good with lots of variety in it. The choice servings of fruit juices added a special touch to it. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank maria_ola09
Reviewed 24 May 2011

They gave us a room on the first floor. It was small and the bathroom tiny. But the big problem were the noise from the central air conditioning what you can hear when you came in the first floor. But the worst were that our room was next to the room where they have installed such equipment. When I spoke of that in the reception he told me that it not know which noise is because the air conditioning was on the second floor. They stayed to see what the problem was.
When we returned at night was another receptionist and the noise was the same and I asked to switch rooms because it was impossible to me sleep in those conditions. It was when we confirmed that the air conditioning was installed in the room just next to the room they gave me.
They gave us a room on the second floor. The room was larger and the bathroom too. The room was facing the street so there was the noise inherent to the area is a little noisy.
The remote command of the TV don´t work in both rooms.
When we asked at reception simply things like bus, directions, etc… they don´t know, they gave us wrong information or they were looking for the papers. Never before this had happened to me that the hotel staff looked like they were in an unfamiliar place as me.
When booked this hotel it seemed that the hotel was closer to the center than it actually is. There must be a walk 15 minutes to reach Ponte Vecchio.
We don´t had breakfast included and I think they don´t have this option. But underneath the hotel there is a cafe-bar where I had the best breakfast ever and the staff were extremely friendly.
I do not recommend this hotel because there is nothing to recommend it and can happen to give you a room in the first floor where you have to sleep with the noise of the air conditioner all night.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aamm_8
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I'm giving this hotel a couple "average" ratings because they did let us cancel without penalties and I do think that was very nice. It wasn't their fault we were misplaced into their hotel, nor was it ours. We have been very happy in both 2 and 3 star hotels over this trip (12 weeks/ 26 hotels/4 cruises) ranked as high as this has been, but this is not a good value hotel. How do they become a three star hotel under any standards? This is a one star maybe. A dirty, worn star...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple