All reviewshotel is situatedwould stay here againshower curtainbudget hotelmini bararnoitalian
Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 30, 2012

As soon as we passed the door, we (a mother with her teenager daughter) had to go down a few steps with our heavy luggages. The man at the reception was quietly looking at us and while he wasn't busy at all, didn't offer his help.

Then we received a terrible room, not even up a 2* hotel: The toilet flush wasn't working. When we called the receptionnist to understand how it works. He asked us to put our hand in the internal water mecanism to succeed activating the flush and cleaning the toilets. When we said that we couldn't guess it and if it was normal, he answered that he doesn't know and that is what there is!

The TV was very small and old (like from the 80's) and... wasn't working. When we said it to the receptionnist, He said that he'll send someone to fix it but one hour later, nobody came.

The WIFI wasn't working on any of our devices (blackberry, htc, computer), while it was working everywhere esle in Italy, including in the train we took an hour before. The 2 receptionists said that it is usually working except for a few clients that had to change some settings in their device but they were both unable to assist to make it work. I am good in IT, so I troubleshooted the pb and did everything my computer recommended me to do to make it work but it was still not working, The 2 people at the reception maintained that, as it works for most of the people in the hotel, it means the wifi works and that's us that have a problem.

Not speaking about the bed, very uncomfortable and the room depressing and smelling the cigarette because many people come to smoke close to it in the corridor.

I then asked for an other room, they said they don't have any.

I than got angry and said that I never saw such a bad service for a 3 stars hotel and that I want to speak with the manager to get a discount, The receptionnist said the manager will be here only the day after and asked me to stop talking to him like that and that the room I have been given is perfectly normal for a 3* hotel in the centre of Florence!

I told him that I would like him to be constructive and try to help, and that he doesn't have the sense of the customer experience and how to serve it, always giving the impression that everything is normal and that it is the client that has a problem.

One block away, we received a much better room in a much cleaner and nicer hotel, with the wifi that perfectly works from the 1st time (Best Western Palazzio Ognicenti), for the same price but breakfast included :-)

When I announced to the 2 receptionnists that I was leaving and that I'll speak tomorrow morning with the manager, one of them said that he is the manager! And eventually offered an other better room and to offer the breakfast! But it was too late because we already booked the room at the Best Western hotel. And the so called manager refused to refund the room!
Than he let us go out, looking climbing the stairs with our heavy luggages!

To sum up, the hotel Curtatone in Florence doesn't even deserve the price of a 1 star hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at any price
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Nellys423
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Lucky for us we didnt pay actual money for this as booked with Avios. If we had I would have complained although my husband says that shouldnt make a difference.
Room was small, bed uncomfortable and the green carpet was fithy looking with stains all over it needs replacing -cleaning wont do it.
Shower room adequate but poorly lit.
Breakfast very basic and cramped. Air con very noisy but essential. Room 2 next to breakfast area.
Staff not the most helpful we have come across.
next to a bar/restaurant - expect some noise.
Do try the ice cream from across the road -yummy and open late too.
poor overall. Given average for value & location as it is on edge of city and anything more central will be much dearer - but hopefully better

Room Tip: sort out parking location before you get there. We ended up parking in public car park which cost a fortune. Hotel does have arrangement with local garage but not forthcoming with location and as we had already parked didnt want to loose our rare space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gardengel-IoW
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent 3 nights here in May. Having stayed in various other hotels in Florence we opted for this as it's away from the centre ( 10 min walk) and the noise from the bells of the Duomo. Reception staff friendly. Our room was quite large, clean and comfy. Breakfast was ok for what we paid. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank barney000
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was going through all the reviews of this hotel, and I´m surprised of all the negative ones. My friend and I spent two nights in Hotel Courtatone and had a great experience. Our room was very spacious we had a king size bed, we even had a balcony from where you could see the river. The bathroom was perfect as well. It is located like 10 min walking from the Santa Maria Nouvona Train Station, and about 15 from the town center.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends