All reviews hotel is situated would stay here again shower curtain budget hotel mini bar arno italian
Reviewed November 29, 2012

It looks like a good hotel in the past now in its decadence. Wonderful location for those who travel by train, pretty neighborhood and very close to fancy streets and shops in Florence.
The rooms are ok in size but there was no phone nor working TV. Three lights out of five wouldn't work and there was no toilet paper holder in the bathroom neither hooks to hang our clothes and towels. Noise and voices could be heard from the street: two nights we have been woken up by people talking loudly outside. Very poor breakfast. Old and worn furniture that needs restoration.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LilacLMNT
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our 4 night stay at HOTEL ARGENTINA in Florence, Italy was not a good one. We had originally made reservations at Hotel Paola, but received an email a few days before our check-in saying that Hotel Paola had closed and that our reservation had been moved to Hotel Argentina. When we arrived at Hotel Argentina, we were informed that they had no record of our reservation. The guy at the front desk was not helpful and told us that we had cancelled our reservation, which we had not. Eventually, after about an hour, the guy at the front desk said that he found our reservation. We eventually got into our room which was dark and gloomy, cold, and the toilet wouldn't flush. Upon check-in we were informed that breakfast was included. The hotel had wifi which never worked. The breakfast was disgusting. We ate breakfast only once as the coffee was cold, the milk for cereal and yogurt was warm, and the croissants were stale and hard. Regarding comfort, the bed was super hard and we could feel the springs on the mattress. We only had 2 thin blankets and froze at night. We had terrible sleeps at this hotel. When it was finally time to check-out of the hotel, the guy at the front desk, his name was Velaj Ismail, tried to charge us for breakfast. We informed him that we only had breakfast once, but that the guy at the front desk old us that breakfast was included. Velaj said that because our reservation at Hotel Paola did not include breakfast, it would not be included for us at Hotel Argentina. We told him that we were aware that breakfast at Hotel Paola was not included, but that we clarified with the guy at the front desk upon check-in about whether it would be included for us, as this was a different hotel, and he said yes. Velaj said that we were lying and that the guy at the front desk would not have said this. We assured him that he did. But Velaj continued to imply that we were lying, even though he wasn't even there when we checked in. We told Velaj that our experience at this hotel had not been a good one. He was quite rude and began raising his voice at us. Never once did he express any concern about our poor experience. Overall the customer service and comfort of this hotel was horrible. Do not stay here if you have a choice. Spend a few more euros and stay some place else. This hotel definitely dampened our overall experience in Florence, a city which is otherwise lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jackie1124
Ismail V, Direttore at Hotel Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Mrs Jackie1124,
as we told we are sorry you didn't enjoy your experience to our structure. Our hope was you would appreciate a 3 stars hotel instead of a 1 star structure.
We are also sorry that all the problems you raised in your comment didn't come out during your stay but only after we asked you to pay for the breakfasts you had and that were not included in your room rate.
Of course 5.00€ breakfast don't make the difference to us, and to us was a better deal to offer your breakfast that receiving a bad comment from you: but our human dignity and business policies admits no compromising.

Regards,
Ismail Velaj

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Rude staff with no experience in customer service. DO NOT STAY HERE. Rooms were okay but not as nice as expected. I stayed here two weeks ago when a few friends and I were visiting Florence. My friend got sick and had to go home so I tried to cancel with Hotel Argentina. They informed me upon arrival that i had requested too soon before the cancellation deadline but they would give me a discounted rate since I paid for two nights and two people. Two of my friends came with me as I checked in so they could leave their bags in my room as they waited for their friend to come back. However, the staff told us this was not possible as they believe they were also staying. Finally after checking in half an hour after they said the room was ready, a member of the staff knocked on my door asking what was taking us so long and that they needed to leave, when I the hotel guest was I ready. Then the next day, the staff came to my room again to ask me why I hadn't checked out yet since the discounted price meant I would leave for the second night. While they never said this in the beginning, I was instructed that I pay the extra fee or leave. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The staff were rude, incompetent, and had no respect for their guests. I would highly recommend you do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cmm1876

Dear Mrs cmm1876,
we explained to you many times the hotel rules and the italian laws about registrations of guests and access to rooms. We are sorry this is still not clear, or acceptable, to you but we did our best, and when travelling also guests have to make their part in accepting local laws and rules.
Custumer service is knowledge, honestly, and giving the best service respecting all the regulations with no hypocrisy. All our guests has the same sevices and follow the same rules, and it's important to us to be correct to anyone of our visitors.
As we said the discount was for the first night because of the guest that didn't arrive cause ill but for the rest booking conditions were the one already booked.
Hope your next stay in Florence will be happier,
Regards,

Ismail Velaj

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The service is really poor and the rooms are not fine at all. The double beds are TWO joined individual beds. The rooms look very old with stained walls.

The toilet of our room didn't work. We told them and we went to visit the city. They said us to leave our suitcases in the room and when we arrive we would have them in a new room.
When we arrived at night they gave us a new room but our laggage wasn't there. We told them and they gave us the key of the other room and said us to go for them.... i think this is not a 3 stars hotel service at all.. and also the rooms don`t match with a 3 stars hotel.

I think the only reason for going to this hotel is the location. Is really close to the city centre, and in 5 minutes by walking you can start your visit to this wonderful city.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank David T
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a short and pleasant stay of one night in this hotel at the beginning of the month.
The location of the hotel was a big plus for us as it is only 5 minutes away from Santa Maria Novella trains station and 10-15 minutes away from the city center.
We were lucky to have a very nice and spacious room (it was actually a quadruple room, although we had payed for a double one), with a very big and comfortable bed, equipped with a mini bar and a TV. The room was clean but it could use some refurbishment here and there.
Breakfast was fine, not a very big variety of food, but it was of a better quality than in other 3 stars hotels we have stayed in before.
The hotel's staff were also very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple