“This is a very short hotel”
Review of Hotel Argentina

Hotel Argentina
Ranked #381 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The hotel is 3 star, and should not habe that much. Rooms are getting old. No air conditioning available. Not enough room ventilation
People attending was ok.
Location was convenient, out of the noise, and nice walk path to the centre alongside the river Arno.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Dear TripAdvisor,

I can't express strongly enough how disgusted I am with the hotel reservations we wound up in Florence, Italy. This was suppose to be a trip of a life time for my friend and myself. When we pulled up in front of the hotel wear saw that it was a simple first impression, but the minute we were in the lobby we saw that the upholstery on the chairs and sofa were not only old and tattered but they were stained as well. We had booked the hotel at least one month in advance and told them that we needed separate beds. The fellow behind the desk was courteous enough and we asked if we could have help with our luggage. He obliged and took the stairs and invited us to take the small lift.

He met us on the first floor and took us through a maze of hallways where there was a huge hole in the cieling. He then showed us into a small room with a queen size bed. When he saw the look on my face he said the room across the way might suit us better because it was larger and empty. Good idea! The room I must say was larger and the bathroom was a much nicer one than the first one. But there was again one queen size bed. He promised that the next day it would be changed into two twin beds, which they were.

But the nightmare continues. The
a/c barely worked. Two of the three lamps didn't work and the little fridge barely cooled, which I needed because I had medicine which needed to be refrigerated. The young man said I could keep it in the house refrigerator and just ask for it when I needed it.

My friend and I stayed because we would have lost the full price we paid per their cancellation policy. But I would not recommend the Argentina Hotel in Florence to anyone. TripAdvidor should research their recommendations better.

The trip of a lifetime turned into the disappointment of a life time.

Frances Fineberg

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Conditions are very good. With a nice location, we recommend this place to every people that enjoy peace and a good service.We had here unforgettable days together with very nice memories. Our thanks to all.

Room Tip: good for reading or write.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel gets a lot of negative reviews but lets look at it for what it is. Its a budget hotel very close to the action in Florence. Yes the rooms are very basic and could use some maintenance, but the rooms are clean and so is the hotel overall. The staff are friendly and accommodating.

I didn't try the breakfast but there is a great cafe right next door.and the city center is only a 10min walk.

I stayed here with the family and while we were only here for one night I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Polite but not really helpful staff;
Horrible breakfast, just skip it;
No real wi-fi;
Broken toilet flush;
Very poor building (old and shabby).

The only plus is the position of the ho(s)tel, very close to Florence station.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2017

The hotel advertises itself as one with bright rooms. That is far from the truth; our window faced the wall. First night was without air conditioning which wasn't working. Changing rooms wasn't possible as the hotel was booked up. The reception gave us a fan and promised to fix the air-con the following day which happened but the workers left dirt all over the place and apparently stole our remote that we had in our room the first day. Breakfast was poor not as it is shown in the pictures of the official webiste of the hotel; the food and big mugs were constantly missing so we were forced to brew our tea/coffe in small cups. Don't think we'd stay there again even though the staff was accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seba K
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Very dirty room, in my case even without the window, hairs in the bathroom, top expensive parking, not competent staff. Only one + for good location. I travel a lot and don't recommend this hotel... or maybe only to my enemies.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business