2,487 results
All reviewsgarden roomtrain stationsan marcooverlooking the gardenlovely hotelbreakfast roomwithin walking distancewelcome drinkfirst floorminute walkyogurtpollodeluxe roomquiet streetcentral marketaround the cornermajor sites
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Orto De Medici is located less than 10 min taxi ride from the Firenze SMN station and it cost approximately $13 for the hotel to call a taxi to take me to the station.

Hotel location is not very far from Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, I would say approximately 15-20 min walk. While it is closed to the tourist sites, the hotel street itself is quiet and safe.

The lobby is bright, clean with tasteful decoration, not the over-decorated Italian hotels that you may see. The room itself is small but cosy and comfortable for my sister and I. Bathroom is small but cute! I like the tiles on the bathroom floor. Good shower pressure and hot water. There is no aircon at this time of the year, so we had to open the window to let in some cold air. Bed is also good size and comfortable, most of the time we were so tired from walking we slept like a baby. You could hear footsteps from the above floor but it doesn't really bother us as we didn't hear loud talking noise.

There was an issue while staying at the hotel but Francesco and Jonathan were very professional in handling the whole issue. Most of all, the Director Mr Bufalini took care of the matter up and beyond my expectation! I am truly impressed with his kind gesture!

This is great hotel to stay without burning a hole in the pocket!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Pretrip info was professional and efficient. Check-in was friendly and problem free. Family Room was clean and comfortable, everything worked perfectly. Good bathroom. Breakfast was ok and typically Italian. I'd personally prefer a normal toaster rather than these rotating tray affairs which seem popular in Continental hotels but never work that efficiently. But that's just me. The breakfast room was rather small and when busy could be hard to find a seat, especially for 3 people. Again no big deal. Staff throughout were always friendly and smiling and very helpful. Hotel location is excellent, 10 min walk from the railway station and 10 min from the city centre. Many good restaurants nearby. Hotel was doing some building restoration at the time which may have been noisy for those rooms nearby but luckily we weren't affected. Again, maintenance has to be done, thats just down to chance. I would definately stay there again, just ideal and at a fair price.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks for this great review! I appreciated how you gave us some good advise for the breakfast and other aspects of your séjour. They are most precious for us. We really hope to see you back soon in Florence!
Grazie!!
Francesco

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Friendly, helpful staff, extremely comfortable, clean room and fantastic breakfast! Situated within an easy walking distance from the historic town and brilliant restaurant recommendations, thank you for a lovely stay in a beautiful city!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliceS2603
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We only had a one night stay in a beautiful Jr. suite and would highly recommend this hotel! Make sure you read up on the history how the hotel "takes you back to an afternoon of 1489: then, among the garden white roses, a 14-year-old Michelangelo first learned to shape the Carrara marble." Within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thanks for your review, Janice! I am glad you appreciated the infos about the history of the hotel!
Francesco Bini

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Our room and en suite was very spacious and kept very clean by Tatiana. The service both in the breakfast room and in the bar was very pleasant as the staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast had plenty of choice and super coffee and enjoyed in lovely surroundings. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and good art work and decor. It was interesting to read about the history of the hotel. The location is good, the Acadamia only 5/10 mins walk, 15 /20 mins walk to the Duomo, 5 mins walk to San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapels and a 25 min walk to the station. If I had to pick a negative it would have to be about some of the staff on the reception desk, (mornings) We always greeted them with Buongiorno and it was seldom responded to, very off putting. Also on one occasion when waiting at the desk to enquire about something, the two ladies on duty, just carried on with their conversation, after 5 mins unfortunately I had to interrupt, incidentally, it wasn't about their work or a guest (I speak Italian). That aside the other reception desk clerks were pleasant enough. I would definitely visit this hotel again and will be recommending it to others.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple