2,488 results
All reviewsgarden roomtrain stationsan marcooverlooking the gardenlovely hotelbreakfast roomwithin walking distancewelcome drinkfirst floorminute walkyogurtdeluxe roomquiet streetcentral marketaround the corneri highly recommend this hotelmajor sites
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

The hotel location is great and the room is also comfortable.

Just one important thing to highlight to Travelers who may be staying at this hotel to lock up your valuable things inside your luggage or safe.

My expensive shisedo facial cream went missing after the first night. I realised it when i wanted to use the facial cream before i sleep on the second night. I complained to the hotel staffs and the hotel director replaced a same cream for me which was very gracious of him. He explained that the some mistake might have happened during housekeeping. I thought maybe it was an honest accident that my facial cream was throw away by mistake so I left it as that.

After 3 nights stay, we moved on to Rome for 3 night and then finally Paris when I decided to do my laundry after 1 week of travel. This was when I realised my Comm De Garçon sweater (also Japanese brand) is missing and the last time I wore it was when i flew in from Singapore to Florence (first Europe stop) as it was too thin for Europe cold weather, I hung it in the hotel room on the first day right after I check-in and I never use it during the trip and now I realised never seen it again since the first day in Europe! Now I realised that it may not be "accident" or "mistake" that my facial cream went missing.

Therefore, strongly recommend that you lock up anything that is of value to you regardless what items it might be. In my case, it was an expensive facial cream and branded sweater.

Take care and be safe travel, so these like things that spoilt your trip!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank RachL78
gflorence, Direttore at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Rachel,

I have listed below the mail you have written to me before checking out and your first TripAdvisor review. I am still thanking you for those two nice feedback and I am sorry you have lost your Comm De Garçon sweater which we did not find in our "lost items" list.
Moreover, as we are all human, I guess that it may have happened a mistake, and the CREAM could have been mistakenly trashed. I can't even imagine it was taken on purpouse. I've been knowing the housekeepr for about 10 years and we never had a negative report about her job so far.

****

Dear Mr Bufalini,

Thank you for the replacement of the facial cream. I am truly impressed with your kind gesture and please send my upmost sincere thanks to your wife who had gone out looking for the facial cream.
You trust your housekeeping staff and I trust that you will investigate the incident and prevent the same thing from happening in the future. Perhaps, like you mentioned in the letter, an accident or mistake had happened while cleaning my room.
Apart from the unfortunate event, I love this hotel, it is small but tasteful and the location is great! If I were to write any hotel reviews about your hotel, it will only be the good one.
Please send my gratitude to Francesco and Jonathan who had handled my complaint with the most professional yet personal attitude. After all, we humans are not robots and this is people business.

Grazie,
Rachel

Sent from my iPhone

******

Rachel L
Hotel Orto De Medici is located less than 10 min taxi ride from the Firenze SMN station and it cost approximately $13 for the hotel to call a taxi to take me to the station. Hotel location is not very far from Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, I would say approximately 15-20 min walk. While it is closed to the tourist sites, the hotel street itself is quiet and safe. The lobby is bright, clean with tasteful decoration, not the over-decorated Italian hotels that you may see. The room itself is small but cosy and comfortable for my sister and I. Bathroom is small but cute! I like the tiles on the bathroom floor. Good shower pressure and hot water. There is no aircon at this time of the year, so we had to open the window to let in some cold air. Bed is also good size and comfortable, most of the time we were so tired from walking we slept like a baby. You could hear footsteps from the above floor but it doesn't really bother us as we didn't hear loud talking noise. There was an issue while staying at the hotel but Francesco and Jonathan were very professional in handling the whole issue. Most of all, the Director Mr Bufalini took care of the matter up and beyond my expectation! I am truly impressed with his kind gesture! This is great hotel to stay without burning a hole in the pocket!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

A delightful third visit to this hotel where we were greeted like old friends.hotel in course of room refurbishment to provide modern accommodation with great comfort.Easy walking access to all significant sites and within easy access of a good range of restaurants

Room Tip: Have slept at rear and front of hotel without problem
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
gflorence, Direttore generale at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your nice review! When you will come again we will be "older" friends, so please try to visit Florence again someday soon. :-)
Francesco

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This is great hotel to stay without burning a hole in the pocket!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Pretrip info was professional and efficient. Check-in was friendly and problem free. Family Room was clean and comfortable, everything worked perfectly. Good bathroom. Breakfast was ok and typically Italian. I'd personally prefer a normal toaster rather than these rotating tray affairs which seem popular in Continental hotels but never work that efficiently. But that's just me. The breakfast room was rather small and when busy could be hard to find a seat, especially for 3 people. Again no big deal. Staff throughout were always friendly and smiling and very helpful. Hotel location is excellent, 10 min walk from the railway station and 10 min from the city centre. Many good restaurants nearby. Hotel was doing some building restoration at the time which may have been noisy for those rooms nearby but luckily we weren't affected. Again, maintenance has to be done, thats just down to chance. I would definately stay there again, just ideal and at a fair price.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks for this great review! I appreciated how you gave us some good advise for the breakfast and other aspects of your séjour. They are most precious for us. We really hope to see you back soon in Florence!
Grazie!!
Francesco

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Friendly, helpful staff, extremely comfortable, clean room and fantastic breakfast! Situated within an easy walking distance from the historic town and brilliant restaurant recommendations, thank you for a lovely stay in a beautiful city!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple