2,559 results
All reviews garden room san marco train station overlooking the garden lovely hotel breakfast room within walking distance welcome drink first floor minute walk pollo yogurt bottle of champagne deluxe room quiet street around the corner central market
Reviewed November 19, 2017

The staff very pleasant. I cannot remember his name but the evening desk clerk gave excellent restaurant recommendations. The morning breakfasts provided were perfect to start the long days of sight seeing.The property is also in a great location. I will definitely be a return guest.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Terri,
thanks to YOU for this great review! My colleague, Riccardo, would like to thank you personally for the nice mention you gave to him.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

We had a wonderful experience in early Oct. The hotel had been recently remodeled, the lobby was elegant, comfortable and even the large screen iMacs seemed as decorative as they were practical. Our room as well as the lobby and hallways were nicely done. We were offered a room upgrade to a garden double which required a walk through the small courtyard, was beautifully appointed and spacious. We declined because the new-paint smell was still a bit too fresh. Our room was a standard double, the size was just large enough for 2 adults. Although no closet, there was amble room for hanging clothing and our 2 suitcases. There was also a small desk, convenient safe, and small mini fridge. Our room had a one step-up to a spacious, modern bathroom that was as long as the main room. Not certain if all standard doubles have this step-up design. (Could make for tricky 3am bathroom trips- not uncommon if your body is still on US time). Breakfast was fabulous, plentiful, and FREE, a cost savings that is not insignificant. It was served in very pleasant surroundings that opened to a terrace. Oct temps in high 60-70 F range was perfect for terrace use. The occasional resident pigeon could periodically get too friendly on the terrace. Location of the hotel itself was perfect, a simple 10 min walk from the train station (while rolling our suitcases- we were not alone). Florence is very walkable and this hotel seemed to be in a central location for where ever we wanted to go. Staff was very friendly, accommodating and spoke English well. We would definitely choose this hotel again if, scratch that, WHEN we go back to Florence.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2017

The hotel is located north of the historic center, close to the Accademia and the Duomo, but in the opposite of the Arno. The rooms have been renewed and are comfortable even though small. Personal are discrete but attentive and you might enjoy their garden and the outside tables for a drink.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden (in the back part of the property) might be a better choice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Mário Sérgio R,
We thank you all for your nice review, especially the nice mention for the staff and the terrace.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

The hotel location is great and the room is also comfortable.

Just one important thing to highlight to Travelers who may be staying at this hotel to lock up your valuable things inside your luggage or safe.

My expensive shisedo facial cream went missing after the first night. I realised it when i wanted to use the facial cream before i sleep on the second night. I complained to the hotel staffs and the hotel director replaced a same cream for me which was very gracious of him. He explained that the some mistake might have happened during housekeeping. I thought maybe it was an honest accident that my facial cream was throw away by mistake so I left it as that.

After 3 nights stay, we moved on to Rome for 3 night and then finally Paris when I decided to do my laundry after 1 week of travel. This was when I realised my Comm De Garçon sweater (also Japanese brand) is missing and the last time I wore it was when i flew in from Singapore to Florence (first Europe stop) as it was too thin for Europe cold weather, I hung it in the hotel room on the first day right after I check-in and I never use it during the trip and now I realised never seen it again since the first day in Europe! Now I realised that it may not be "accident" or "mistake" that my facial cream went missing.

Therefore, strongly recommend that you lock up anything that is of value to you regardless what items it might be. In my case, it was an expensive facial cream and branded sweater.

Take care and be safe travel, so these like things that spoilt your trip!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank RachL78
gflorence, Direttore at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Rachel,

I have listed below the mail you have written to me before checking out and your first TripAdvisor review. I am still thanking you for those two nice feedback and I am sorry you have lost your Comm De Garçon sweater which we did not find in our "lost items" list.
Moreover, as we are all human, I guess that it may have happened a mistake, and the CREAM could have been mistakenly trashed. I can't even imagine it was taken on purpouse. I've been knowing the housekeepr for about 10 years and we never had a negative report about her job so far.

****

Dear Mr Bufalini,

Thank you for the replacement of the facial cream. I am truly impressed with your kind gesture and please send my upmost sincere thanks to your wife who had gone out looking for the facial cream.
You trust your housekeeping staff and I trust that you will investigate the incident and prevent the same thing from happening in the future. Perhaps, like you mentioned in the letter, an accident or mistake had happened while cleaning my room.
Apart from the unfortunate event, I love this hotel, it is small but tasteful and the location is great! If I were to write any hotel reviews about your hotel, it will only be the good one.
Please send my gratitude to Francesco and Jonathan who had handled my complaint with the most professional yet personal attitude. After all, we humans are not robots and this is people business.

Grazie,
Rachel

Sent from my iPhone

******

Rachel L
Hotel Orto De Medici is located less than 10 min taxi ride from the Firenze SMN station and it cost approximately $13 for the hotel to call a taxi to take me to the station. Hotel location is not very far from Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, I would say approximately 15-20 min walk. While it is closed to the tourist sites, the hotel street itself is quiet and safe. The lobby is bright, clean with tasteful decoration, not the over-decorated Italian hotels that you may see. The room itself is small but cosy and comfortable for my sister and I. Bathroom is small but cute! I like the tiles on the bathroom floor. Good shower pressure and hot water. There is no aircon at this time of the year, so we had to open the window to let in some cold air. Bed is also good size and comfortable, most of the time we were so tired from walking we slept like a baby. You could hear footsteps from the above floor but it doesn't really bother us as we didn't hear loud talking noise. There was an issue while staying at the hotel but Francesco and Jonathan were very professional in handling the whole issue. Most of all, the Director Mr Bufalini took care of the matter up and beyond my expectation! I am truly impressed with his kind gesture! This is great hotel to stay without burning a hole in the pocket!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

A delightful third visit to this hotel where we were greeted like old friends.hotel in course of room refurbishment to provide modern accommodation with great comfort.Easy walking access to all significant sites and within easy access of a good range of restaurants

Room Tip: Have slept at rear and front of hotel without problem
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
gflorence, Direttore generale at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your nice review! When you will come again we will be "older" friends, so please try to visit Florence again someday soon. :-)