“Brilliant as Always”

Hotel Orto De Medici
Ranked #39 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A fantastic 8th stay at this hotel and can’t wait for the 9th
Rooms are clean and spacious, public areas always clean and very well appointed
The breakfast is a joy and very substantial - unusual in Italy smaller hotels
Staff Excellent

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We recently stayed in a Junior Garden Suite (myself, my wife and two children) and absolutely adored our stay. I have been to Florence many times throughout my life, but particularly loved this time, in large part because of the Hotel Orto de Medici. The location was perfect: close enough tot he train station for an easy walk, close enough to all the main sights to see everything with a leisurely pace, and, I think most importantly, far enough from the heavily touristed parts of the city so as to feel like we were in a more "local" part of Florence with good local activity in the evening and some great non-tourist driven restaurants a close walk away. The room was spacious, clean, and well outfitted (my kids adored the massive bathtub!) and breakfast was a great relaxing atmosphere with good selection for everyone. I can't recommend the hotel enough! Truly a pleasure, and I don't often do reviews, so the fact I am writing this should also speak to how highly I thought of our stay there!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2018

An excellent hotel. Great location - 10 minutes walk to the Cathedral. Clean. Staff very friendly and pleasant. Great room (27 I think) - lovely high ceilings, view on to garden. Room was very quiet. Breakfast was perfect. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms, excellent breakfast, excellent staff, great location. The hotel and the experience were much much more than we were expecting. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We were lucky enough to stay on the newly refurbished fourth floor. Everything was modern and clean. Rooms are dark and quiet at night. Awesome showers with rain shower heads. Comfy beds with good pillows. Staff were very friendly and helpful. WiFi quality good. Many places have rubbishy WiFi. If I had to pick on anything, the only tissues in the bathroom are four in a small box per day. Pretty minor given how good everything else is. Breakfast was pretty typical for Italy, however their breakfast room is too small to service the entire hotel. Sometimes we took our breakfasts to the TV room where “overflow” people tended to go. Not a big deal, but perhaps something they will rectify down the track. Overall, excellent hotel in a fantastic spot only 5 min walk to the Duomo. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We had a pleasant stay with this hotel and surprised with the welcome complimentary wine or drink and snack for my kid upon our arrival. Our room is spacious with big bathroom, breakfast is good and staffs are very friendly and helpful. It is within a walking distance to the S.M.N Train station and close to central market.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your nice review. I am glad you liked so much all the facilities in the hotel, including the welcoming dring, the room, the staff and the location. Why "only" 4 points then? ;-)
Francesco

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Orto De Medici for several days while visiting Florence. We found the location to be excellent for site seeing while easy access to all the sites, the Central Market, and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. The service they provided was excellent, especially the recommendations for places to eat.

1  Thank Ken B
gflorence, Responsabile reception at Hotel Orto De Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Ken,
I am so glad you enjoyed our recent stay in Florence. We are happy when you take the best of our city, including its excellent food venues!
Francesco