1,586 results
All reviews boboli gardens pitti palace rooftop terrace ponte vecchio great location small elevator third floor your luggage exploring florence reception area gelato junior suite large room wonderful hotel loved this hotel major sites the heart of the city
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Great service and great value hotel. We walked everywhere from the hotel. The room was huge and spotless, with the only real large sized mattress we encountered in Italy (all others were simply two twins pushed together). We were thrilled with our visit.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jared T
Sara R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel La Scaletta, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear Mr. J.,

Thanks so much for your kind review, we are glad that you loved our location and beds.
Hope to welcome you again in the future maybe when the restaurant is open so you'll be able to try it as well.

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I booked a short stay of a few days at La Scaletta, as part of our honeymoon exploring Florence. The hotel staff were friendly and very kind in providing small extra details, the room was spacious and had a good feel, and we particularly enjoyed the rooftop balcony which gave panoramic views of the palace, city gardens and historic churches around the city. Recommended.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sara R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel La Scaletta, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Dear Mr. P.,

Thanks for your nice review, we are glad that the short stay spent in our Hotel has been good, that you enjoyed your room and our location.
Hope to welcome you again in the future we wish you,

Reviewed February 13, 2018

My wife and I were looking for a hotel in Florence for a weekend trip while we were visiting our son in France. I found Hotel La Scaletta through trip advisor and the price, location and description of the hotel was right. I contacted the hotel to book our room and during the process asked for help with museum tickets. The next day I received an email from the hotel providing me with reservation numbers for the museums we requested. When we arrived at the Hotel it was before the scheduled check in time. We left our bags with the bellman and when we returned they were already in our room along with complimentary prosecco. The bed was very comfortable and the room was large and well equipped. The bathroom was a little small but clean and new. In fact the entire room was very clean and fresh. The Hotel is in an excellent area that is within walking distance to numerous restaurants, cafes, shops and attractions. It should be noted that check in is on the third floor and the only elevator hold two people with very little room for luggage. The elevator was fast and my wife and I were able to get to the reception area in two trips very quickly. The alternative is to use the stairs which I believe means walking up 97 stairs. It is also possible to signal the bellman from the entry level who will take care of your bags as you travel up in the elevator. It is a small inconvenience when considering the charm of a staying at this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank William J
Sara R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel La Scaletta, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Dear Mr./Mrs. R.,

Thanks so much for your nice review, we are glad that you enjoyed every single part of your stay in our Hotel including as well the reservation process and assistance.
We are glad that you loved our location, room and service provided but the staff and we hope to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

I had a bad experience with them even before I get there... I have booked a room non refundable and just 2 hours after this got a call from a friend from my work place asking me to help in changing the period for a few days off because of health problems with his father. I immediately applied for a special request of cancelation and they reply that they cannot do anything about it and I will be charged the full ammount .
I guess money is more important than people .. Anyway I rather loose the money and help a friend in need but i advise you before making a reservation with them and better choose refundable or another hotel .

I know very nice people and good places in Florence so you have very good alternatives .
You better think twice before you allow some obscure hotel to have your card info , they already charge my account 2 days after the reservation almost 50 days prior to the reservation period .
I was asking for a cancelation in the same day , for a reservation more than 1 month later. I guess a nice hotel with good management would not have a problem to book a weekend in Firenze in a one month interval.
What really annoyed me was their attitude. I did tell them I will tell this story and a fair review if i would get there and they ask why I thereaten ... ??? Is a fair review and telling the truth a treathen ?

Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank daishiteru

Dear Mr./Mrs. D.,

Thanks for your review, even bad reviews help to improve.
We are sorry about what happened, we understand your opinion and we are sorry for the father of your friend.
We only applied the cancellation policy accepted at the moment of the reservation, we are thinking to create like a travel insurance in order to do not lose money and guest when situations like yours happened.
Best regards

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Perfect location. Quiet, but a short walk to main city center and attractions. The rooms were clean, and the service was exceptional! The electricity went out one night, and they switched our rooms but they were very helpful.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Caitlin B

Dear Mrs. C.,

Thank you very much for your nice review, we are glad that everything has been perfect and that you loved in particular the service provided by the staff.
Hope to welcome you again in the future we wish you,