“Good location, clean, good price”
Review of De Lanzi

De Lanzi
Ranked #221 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Located just besides the Duomo, so easy access to all Florence attractions.
Room & bathroom were very clean.
Good bed.
They had a simple, but free breakfast.
As you cannot enter with your car inside the historic area, you'll have to park 200 m away in a private parking ($25 euros/ day).
Excellente value.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the city center, so some noise from people talking when leaving the restaurants &...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I don't understand why this is a three star hotel. The only good thing is that its right by the douomo.
Average breakfast. They make you pay five euros an hour to use their internet!!!???!! The staff were nice. The rooms very small and below average. Will not come again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My first time in Europe and I stayed at Hotel De Lanzi. I wondered off the shuttle from the airport near the train station and managed to find the hotel without too much trouble pulling my luggage behind me. It was probably a 5-10 min walk from the train station. The location was fantastic, right in the middle of the city and steps to everything.

The ladies at the front desk were very helpful. The hotel is quite old and everything about it is small from the elevator, to the shower, to the room - but I have been told that is what it is like in europe. The door to my room literally opened within inches of the bed, which I could barely walk around (I had a single room). I felt relatively safe in the room, I won't say perfectly safe but that was probably just my paranoia being alone in a foreign country for the first time (and the jet lag).

I managed to buy a internet card from the front desk so I could send some emails. The tv had about three channels and two of them were news. The breakfast was passable, but nothing like a north american continental breakfast. There really wasn't a lot to choose from. I think I ended up eating three yogurts each day to fill myself up. There were a few cold cuts and some croissants but not many.

The hotel requires you leave your key at the front desk when you go out which is probably not a bad idea if you are worried about pick pockets.

Overall, I booked last minute on expedia and really just needed a budget hotel to lay my head while I explored the city for two days and Hotel De Lanzi fit the bill. However, I am sure in North America the room rates would be 1/3, but I suppose that is the premium you pay for location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank B411
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Location is unbeatable for this hotel but this is pretty much the only good thing I can say about this hotel.
Access to the hotel is already challenging if you have some luggage as it is located on the 1st floor of an old building and the elevator is so old and small that you can barely fit in.
Room is very basic and seems old but still good for a crash.
Never had the guts to try food there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Location is the best thing about this hotel - it is literally steps away from the Duomo, and the gelato shop opposite, which is open till quite late. Breakfast was quite basic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

This was in a great location, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms were very clean but a little old and tired looking. If you don't eat here it would be a great place to stay. The breakfast was very poor. I couldn't eat anything even fruit was frozen , cheese was dry and old and the bread stale. plenty of cafes for a nice breakfast

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The hotel is in a GREAT location, it is steps from Piazza del Doumo and walking distance from the Historic City Center (Piazza Segnoria, Uffizzi, Ponte Veccio) and the Train Station. We agree with other Trip Advisor Guests we did love the location!! The service was good but future guests need to know the hotel is VERY simple and the rooms seem old, breakfast is very plain and not very tasty. The biggest complaint we had was that they seem to turn off the AC in the middle of the night and we woke up a couple of times sweating. Also they turn the AC off at around 8:30 am so it is hot/humid while you are getting ready/dressed. Because of the heat of the Italian Summer this, to me, was extremely annoying (I understand they want to save electricity but it should not be done at the expense of the guest's comfort. We had to call the front dest continuously to have them turn on the AC (There is AC control in the room but it does not really work) If they address the AC situation I would rate them higher. Also, as other Trip Advisor members pointed the GROM gelatto shop across from the hotel was AMAZING, a must have!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple