“Very nice hotel!”
Review of Galileo Hotel

Galileo Hotel
Ranked #236 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 27 July 2011

the hotel is located about 10 minute walk from the central train station.
the rooms are not so big comparing to other hotels i'v been in, but they are very clean.
breakfest was nice, including coffee, pastry,cereals, fruits.... though the dining room was a part of the lobby.
i had no trouble sleeping there though i do remember construction noises late at night and early at the morning, i would not recomend it for people who can hear everything while they sleep.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

This hotel was the best one we had stayed at in Italy. The hotel is neat, pretty and clean. The receptionist Francesca is a honey and she was so helpful with anything we asked her, even with helping track down my lost luggage. The other receptionist (a young asian guy) was also very friendly and helpful. There's a guest computer with free internet and the breakfast was good. You also get a special if you stay from Sunday to Tuesday, Monday is free! It is also close to the train station and museums/markets so very convenient This hotel was great value for money and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2011

They gave us the room for the handicapped. It was spacious but so dimly lighted we could hardly see to read anything or do anything easily. The bathroom was very large and adequate. The windows looked out on the piping area so there was only enough light to let in that showed whether it was day or night. The air conditioning worked during our stay but one day it did have to be worked on. The breakfast provided was okay, nothing special....typical continental breakfast. There was one desk clerk, an older man, who was a bit brusque. The Wi-Fi wasn't free and actually expensive and of course didn't work on our 2nd floor room anyway. The street it's located on was very narrow and dirty. This was not a favorite room for us though was in a pretty good location. There were no outlets by the beds so my husband who uses a CPAP had to push one of the twin beds to the middle of the room by the desk to use that outlet. I'd never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Galileo Hotel in Florence is close to train station and San Lorenzo outdoor market. It is about 5 minute walk to everything. The rooms are abit small, but enough room for the amount of time you are in them. The breakfast could use some fruit, but is enough. I enjoy talking to the staff, Gorigo is the best! I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the back, less noise.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2011

The main advantage of this hotel is it's close proximity to the main train station, which is about a five minute walk away. The property is well maintained and rooms were comfortable and reasonably priced. When we were there it was quite hot but the air conditioning wasn't working -- something about a filter requiring changing which I couldn't quite understand -- but fortunately the night cooled down and the room was very pleasant. I'd be sure to ask for a room NOT facing the main road as it will be pleasantly quiet. Nothing is that far away in Florence and we could make it to the heart of the city in a 5-10 minute walk. Breakfast was fine, nothing extravagant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road.
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My mom and I were greeted warmly by the hotel staff, they carried our bags, showed us around our room and it was great. But then we realized there was a lot of street noise and that would be a problem. We called the front desk and were told someone would be up soon. A few minutes later, there was knock on the door, and staff was there to show us another room, carried our things there, and made sure the room was to our liking, which it very much was. It was bigger and had a private balcony. We asked about a price difference and they said, "not to worry, it is the same price." We were very pleasantly surprised that we had such quick service, had a lovely room and it didn't cost any more. The staff was always so helpful in guiding us where we wanted to go, breakfast was good and the location great. The walls were a bit thin, so there was some noise issues with people in the hallways. There were a lot of school groups there and they could be noisy, but otherwise, it was a great place to stay. Florence is full of school groups touring everywhere, so I imagine most hotels have that noise issue. The hotel was very close to the market, which I thoroughly enjoyed. There was no wifi, but there was a computer in the lobby for all guests to use.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed at the Galileo Hotel for 3 nights. After many travel plans going wrong I needed an additional 4 nights. Though they were completely booked the amazing man at the front desk, Vincenzo, found a way to extend my stay for one night and then personally called several hotels with the same price range to find me a place to stay. I didnt even ask, I was planning to take care of it on the computer in the lobby but without hesitation he found me a place to stay within just a few minutes. The friendly front desk staff and beautiful facilities have made me wish I could stay here for the entire duration of my trip. After almost too much traveling and finding the majority of my hotel experiences disappointing, the Galileo Hotel has been an extremely refreshing experience and I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who is in search of a stress free and friendly stay in Florence. Thanks so much Vincenzo! Will be seeing you and this beautiful hotel again someday!

Sincerely, Jenna Slater