This boutique hotel/home is a hilltop private estate that made our stay! This is a family run villa and their focus is totally to enhance our vacation. They were available day and night for any questions or help. Stayed here with a family group for a week, and we took over the entire Villa.
The staff were all excellent. We had a tour of the premises and well in advance of our arrival, all plans were made for wine tours, cooking lesson, holiday celebration at The Rowing Club and our day-trip to Cinque Terra, led by Sylvia – Lorenzo’s sister. And, as someone else noted, there was a one-day taxi strike while we were there and the manager, Lorenzo, shuttled our entire group into Florence and back all day long!
They and the staff are truly hospitality professionals with whatever they did; and were flexible with our changes to plans and to new requests.
Check out the photos – what you see is what you get. If you are looking for contemporary digs, this not the place; it is traditional and well-appointed. Every room was quite comfortable – the living room was perfect for our gatherings. The décor was consistent, the bed was comfortable and the sheets comfy. Each bedroom was large and well equipped – including a coffee/tea and a mini-bar/fridge. There was a hair drier as well. The shower water level/power was perfect.
We met each morning on the gazebo where we could hear the birds sing, or close the sliding doors on a warmer day for the AC. The buffet breakfast was quite nice and I didn’t feel the need to order anything special. Cereals, breads, fresh pastries, fresh fruit, various yogurts, juice, coffee/tea, and immediate service as soon as anyone walked in the room to take the coffee order!
We taxied daily into Florence, which does add a cost – but so worth staying out of the tourist craziness in Florence central. The drivers all know how to maneuver into small roads – so not sure what the other review was concerned with.
As many others have said before us, this is a great place to stay if you want to be within easy reach of Florence but away from the crowds. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just three kilometres far from the historical centre of Florence, this little gem of a hotel overlooks the beautiful hillside countryside around the town. The nine spacious rooms are immaculately styled reflecting the owners' impeccable taste and attention to detail: parquet floors, matching fabrics for beds and drapes, and spacious sparkling-white bathrooms. The panoramic terrace and quiet gardens are the perfect locations for a drink, a lovely pool has gorgeous hillside views over olive groves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marignolle Relais & Charme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marignolle Relais And Charme
- Marignolle Relais & Charme Hotel Florence
- Marignolle Relais Charme Florence