All reviews free breakfast train station dorm room top bunk great location outdoor courtyard private bathroom enjoyed my stay beds were comfortable around the corner computers wifi duomo euro attractions map
Reviewed November 6, 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at Archi Rossi. The decorations in the lobby is really cool with the wall art and statues. The dorm room is spacious and clean with easy-to-access electric outlets, the breakfast buffet has good options, most travellers are young backpackers. The hostel itself is a 5-8 min walk from the station and very close to Ponte Vecchio and the market.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 96joshuap
Reviewed November 1, 2015

If you wish for a cheap place to stay near the Train station it is well located. However it is expensive for a hostel. Otherwise it might be nice to be a bit closer to town and stay in someplace better. We had apartments in Rome and Venice and since we wouldn't be in the room much here in Florence we were looking for value. The room and beds were comfortable and there was a small computer in the room. The room was clean and there was sufficient hot water. WIFI was good. I would have preferred having a small fridge in the room but was able to use a communal one downstairs to store our food. Breakfast was disappointing. I just had coffee and juice. The pasta was poor, hard rice, some bread and pastries. I don't remember any meat being available or eggs. From the pictures of the hostel I was definitely expecting a better breakfast. I am not sure there was even a communal room or lobby for the guests to
mingle other then some outdoor tables, which one group of tourists used to talk and interrupt our sleep too late into the night. Strange for a hostel to not have a communal lobby. The guests were almost exclusively Asian here. No idea at all why.

Overall though we had a good stay. We only used the Hostel as a place to sleep anyways. However comparing the private rooms here with other hostels we have stayed at in Europe I would expect this place to be priced at least €10-15 cheaper a night.

Staff could be much friendlier. No good mornings or good evenings from them even when I initiated them, and no smiles at all. Not what I am used to when traveling.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RangMX
Reviewed October 15, 2015

I am an art teacher and group leader at hight school, Georgia. I am booking Archi Rossi hostel for last 5 years for my huge group of 48-55 persons.
1. The location is excellent, close from central station and all main museums and monuments.
2. Great free breakfast for all types of travellers, variety of dishes served are fresh and home made.
3. rooms and bed linings are clean.
4. patio and terrace are cosy.
5. staff is very helpfull and welcoming.
6. price is reasonable.
So, we'll be back again in March, 2016.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2015

i have stayed for two weeks in six different cities in Italy , this hostel is definitely the best hostel i have stayed at..very very near from train station ( less than 5 minutes walk ) and also near to all attractions in the city center .. area of the place is really good with several terraces and small gardens and nice room for breakfast..breakfast there is special with many options and with different kinds of juices and hot drinks and desserts ( with delicious tiramisu ! ) .. rooms and baths are clean with keys for lockers , you can meet there many travellers , atmosphere in the place is wonderful with very friendly stuff working in the place..one of the extra points also is they organize early free walking tours in the city at the morning which was amazing..i have loved this place and if i come back to Florence sure i would stay there ..

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2015

I stayed at this hostel in a 5-person female dorm room for 6 nights in September. Inside there's a mixture of bunk bed (1) and 3 twin size beds. Each bed has a number that matches the number on the lockable (you are issued a key) cabinet. There's a 3/4 bath in the room, too.

This hostel is very close to the main train station in Florence. Out of the side door it takes about 5 minutes of walking, passing by Police Headquarter (safe).

This is a very popular hostel among Asian youth (college and 20 something). It even provides fried rice and some steamed greens for breakfast! BTW, the breakfast was buffet style but it was just ok.

The cleanliness is just ok, too. The room and bath weren't cleaned every day.

Wifi is free and slow when everyone was using it at night. However, there are several PCs by the lobby free to use.

It's a fairly big and busy hostel with lots of guests and traffic going on day and night. It's location is convenient to walk to most attractions in town. The Michelangelo Plaza is somewhat far but because there are so many bus stops around the train station, you can always take a bus there.

If you don't mind a hostel with lots of guests, this is a fairly decent choice.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo