All reviews carmel and pino other guests via guelfa train station wonderful hosts lovely terrace rick steves museum reservations central market the hotel is conveniently located shared bathroom antique furniture major sights late at night small hotel mini fridge side street
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our Honeymoon and were very happy with this Hotel. its in a great location not to far from the train station and all the sites. The owners are very helpful. I just want to thank Pino and his wife for everything, Pino got us a bottel of wine to celebrate our honeymoon, thanks for the great wine ... thanks for the good memories! i would recommed this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We (my wife and I) stayed at Il Bargellino in mid-October 2009 in part because of the many positive reviews and photos posted here. So we had a pretty good idea of what to expect. Even so, it was better than we hoped. The building is lovely and funky at the same time. Our room was extremely comfortable, clean and roomy and right off the patio/terrace. Carmel and Pino are even warmer than the reviews led us to believe, making us feel like part of the family.

One of the unanticipated benefits was the location. As it turned out, we were within easy walking distance of the train station, the Academy, San Marco, the Duomo and the Uffizi yet were removed from the hubbub of all those places. We were one long block from Via Cavour which has banks, pharmacies, shops of all sorts, a super market and even a 99 cent store. There's a wonderful neighborhood restaurant a couple of doors down the street from Il Bargellino and a great caffe down at the other corner.

We loved our stay and can't wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2009

We enjoyed 3 nights at Il Bargellino in Florence. The accommodations were clean, comfortable and beautiful. Our hosts Carmel and Pino were delightful and most helpful. We were very pleased with their recommendations for sighseeing and restaurants.
We will always stay here when we visit Florence.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2009

I loved this place. After staying in a couple of 1 star hotels in Rome, this place was hands down the best. I loved the bird, the cat and the plants and flowers all over the patio. It was easy to go everywhere on foot. Carmel and Pino were helpful with information, on bus service to Seina, another wonderful small walking city. I stayed for 6 nights. The room was great, I loved lying on the bed with the sun streaming into my room, for a quick little nap at around 200pm. Will go back often. It reminded me of home.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2009

A perfect base for our introduction to Florence. Great location, reasonably priced, the terrance (complete with the neighbour's cat) , and the genuine warmth and helpfulness of Carmel and Pino. We'll be back to Florence, and we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple