3,667 results
All reviews happy hour free movies meet other guests his son bruschetta cocktail hour museum reservations this family run hotel restaurant recommendations dinner reservations every evening wonderful hotel street level perfect location internet access favorite hotel train station
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Incredible atmosphere, location and above all service. Tomas and family do it right, getting you exactly what you need when you need it...from wifi to happy hours to dinner reservations or recommendations..

Rooms are just right, clean and spacious and the value is spot on.. Would stay here again in a heartbeat..

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The staff at hotel Davanzati went above and beyond to make my visit enjoyable. It is a very family-oriented hotel. You feel like you are at home, which I loved. Their "happy hour" in the evenings is great and the staff offers excellent food and tourist-type information. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again when I visit Florence in the future. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I had the basic room, which was perfect for one person. My room was on the main floor, which was vey convenient. I am not familiar with the other, larger rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My family of 5 stayed for 5 nights in January 2012 in a lovely spacious suite with 2 bathrooms and 2 loft bedrooms, in addition to a cosy lounge and master bedroom. Delightful staff, especially Tommaso, who advised us on museums, restaurants and shopping. The 3 generations of the family who run the hotel and their staff are genuinely helpful, caring and welcoming. Great location for seeing all the sights of Florence, we walked everywhere! Before booking, Fabrizio informed us of the steps (about 30) leading the hotel reception, which was not a concern to us at all. We cannot wait to return to Florence and would stay at Hotel Davanzati again. Would highly recommend for families.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Everything has been said: the location is perfect, many amenities, good service, etc. I just want to add a small anecdote: I messed up my reservation, and reserved one day prior to my arrival (my departure day from the US instead of my arrival)! Being low season, they had a room available for the following night, and they gave me this room for no additional charge (other than the no-show charge already charged the previous night). You usually lose the cost of the one-night stay with a no-show/no-cancellation, but they were extremely gracious not to charge me for this extra night. I can't wait to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ethel C
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in January 2012. The hotel is situated in the heart of Florence in easy walk of all the main attractions and the station.
The hotel only has a small entrance with a number of steps leading up to an elegant and warm reception. The staff are very friendly and are happy to recommend restaurants and museums for you.
The room was simple, clean and had excellent facilities. There is a laptop with free wifi in each room. I didn't think we would bother using it but it meant we could look on trip advisor for restaurants near by and things to do. There is a TV with a huge selection of films in English and Italian on it, classics and new films. The shower was also very powerful and the bed comfortable. My one very small criticism is that the walls were quite thin between our room and the next. The type of guests in the hotel means you are not going to get rowdy people but we could hear our neighbours in the next room having a domestic one night.
Every night the hotel has a happy hour between 6.30 and 7.30 where beer, presecco, chianti and soft drinks are free. They also have nuts and nibbles. The room has about 6 tables which are nicely lit with candles and we would recommend going down for a drink or two as it is a nice touch.

Overall I would definitely stay here again and I am trying to persuade my parents to visit too. Very good hotel, great location and fantastic staff.
Can't comment on the price or value as it was a treat from my boyfriend and he won't tell me how much he paid!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple