“Lovely Pastries and Cakes”
Review of Caffe Rainer

Caffe Rainer
Ranked #29 of 114 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Description: very cool bistrot with austrian, vetetian, creative and vegetarian food. austrian and international pastry and coffee shop,special coffee brew, home made chocolate,eclair and macarons, high quality ingredients. Large choice of home made croissants made only with exellent ingredients and french butter. Home made cakes and pies. Light and balanced lunch, special attention to celiacs. On sunday we serve our home made bagels variously stuffed. Brunch and catering
Reviewed May 1, 2018

We ordered some pastries and cakes for breakfast here. Food was lovely and their breads were just great. We would be happy to have breakfast there more often should we have had the time. The only negatives we would mention is that the place is a little too small and congested and also a bit pricey.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

I really like the idea of trying many different types of cakes; There you can have a selection of different pastries really good. Go there for an afternoon tea

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Great food, lovely service. A nice break for a tasty lunch. Beef with potatoes and onions, Ratatouille, homemade Austrian bread, fantastic!

Reviewed July 4, 2017

I went there with couple of my friends for breakfast. Even though the food was great and everything, I'm not sure if this is the cheapest place for having breakfast. We ordered some breakfast that included hard-boiled egg, two sandwiches (actually, I think it was one sandwich, but cut in triangular shape) and coffee, and it costed around 7€. But I really don't regret money spent in there because the meal and the service were great and the waiters were really nice (and funny!). The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is because I read some of other reviews and in one it was said that people were asked to leave place because they were having only 2 coffees and other people couldn't get business lunch because of them. That is partially truth, because when we ordered our breakfast, two people were asked to move to the other, smaller table so that they could piece together two tables on which we would eat. Even though I understand why they did it, it might not be the most polite thing to do, but all in all, those people were not asked to leave the place, just to move to the other table, and that was it. I can't really say anything bad about this place because the staff were very friendly, the place was nicely decorated and food was good!

Reviewed May 9, 2017

We stopped in one afternoon for some sandwiches which were OK. But, the wife found out that they have about 15 kinds of croissants. So, the next morning she went back and got a chocolate and peanut croissant and loved it. She is now going back every morning for two of those.