“Can't say enough wonderful things about this place--our near disaster”
Review of Caffe la posta

Caffe la posta
Ranked #2,224 of 2,785 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Last night, we went to one of the side streets for something to eat, and ran across this wonderful little cafe. Turns out they offered an appetizer buffet WITH drinks, for 8 Euro. John, of course, always gets his money’s worth at these deals. There were a number of different cous-cous, veg lasagna, prosciutto, bruschetta and toppings. We sat outside at covered tables, as that’s where the most seating was. We ended up sharing the table with a couple who didn’t speak English, but that was OK. The waitress must have thought I resembled her mother or grandmother, ’cause she took me by the elbow, took me inside, and said, “take plate. Take food. More. Again. OK?” She practically patted me on the head. It was good.
The next morning, my husband was packing his stuff up before breakfast, and he realized he didn’t have his backpack–with credit cards, passport, Euros, ID’s, etc. We realized when we shared the outside table with another couple at the cafe, John had put his backpack on the ground by his feet! And apparently walked off without looking back.

So, with only 1/2 cup coffee, I went with him (since he had no idea where we had eaten) to check, hope against hope. They served breakfast, so that was a good thing. They were open. John asked about his backpack, and the employee went to the back, and came back with it–complete, and not a Euro missing!!!!!! I hugged the guy, and considered kissing him, too. Life is good. Restored my faith in humanity, and the honesty of whoever found it, and the restaurant's personnel. We are eternally grateful. (and, the food was good)

2  Thank Barbara M
There are newer reviews for Caffe la posta

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This was my fourth trip to Florence. Until La Posta, I never once had a bad meal. Service was better than the food, but that's not much of a complement. My advice: avoid it.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

45 minutes for a crostone, which then arrived cold! Honestly this place is very pretty-looking but it's not worth the wait. Maybe if you get a table at 12 you might get served before you age.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Had breakfast twice here because the service is so pleasant. The first time I chose a pastry and coffee and the second I chose the Special at 10 euros. Well it was a bargain: bacon scrambled eggs toast croissant OJ and coffee. Sitting outside watching the world go by. Thanks guys and gals.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

They have excellent service, truly delicious brunch,especially the croissant. Love the seating arrangement, it was on a quiet side street, ideal for Sunday brunch. By the way, there was good music and plenty of other breakfast choices, our special was only 10 euros... Which was great!