“Average coffee and cafe”
Review of Caffe la posta

Caffe la posta
Ranked #2,224 of 2,785 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Was very close to our stay, had cappuccinos only, average compared to other coffee houses in florence,

There are newer reviews for Caffe la posta

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Solid breakfast to get a start on the morning. The staff is very helpful and the coffee is spot on. Try the eggs, I'm never a big fan, but they are very good.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We liked the look of the place & sat down. Menu was only Italian but waiter was brilliant.
Then looked at reviews (negative) & could not believe what we read, so for the record:
This place is perfect. Great situation, fantastic service from all the staff, food plentiful & great flavours, pricing very good.
If you want a really positive experience the come here
Any negative comments must have been for a different place!

1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Last night, we went to one of the side streets for something to eat, and ran across this wonderful little cafe. Turns out they offered an appetizer buffet WITH drinks, for 8 Euro. John, of course, always gets his money’s worth at these deals. There were a number of different cous-cous, veg lasagna, prosciutto, bruschetta and toppings. We sat outside at covered tables, as that’s where the most seating was. We ended up sharing the table with a couple who didn’t speak English, but that was OK. The waitress must have thought I resembled her mother or grandmother, ’cause she took me by the elbow, took me inside, and said, “take plate. Take food. More. Again. OK?” She practically patted me on the head. It was good.
The next morning, my husband was packing his stuff up before breakfast, and he realized he didn’t have his backpack–with credit cards, passport, Euros, ID’s, etc. We realized when we shared the outside table with another couple at the cafe, John had put his backpack on the ground by his feet! And apparently walked off without looking back.

So, with only 1/2 cup coffee, I went with him (since he had no idea where we had eaten) to check, hope against hope. They served breakfast, so that was a good thing. They were open. John asked about his backpack, and the employee went to the back, and came back with it–complete, and not a Euro missing!!!!!! I hugged the guy, and considered kissing him, too. Life is good. Restored my faith in humanity, and the honesty of whoever found it, and the restaurant's personnel. We are eternally grateful. (and, the food was good)

2  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 30 November 2016

This was my fourth trip to Florence. Until La Posta, I never once had a bad meal. Service was better than the food, but that's not much of a complement. My advice: avoid it.