“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

It was one of my favorite spots in Florence until this year. We were served porcini mushrooms that had worms!!!! We heard only standard " sorry" and that's it! Even though we gave the plate back, we had to pay for this disaster .
Never going back there for sure!

There are newer reviews for Caffe la posta

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I feel compelled to write after having lunch here today. This place has rude inefficient staff, sub standard food and we were actually mocked as tourists.
I should have walked out but was probably too polite. Avoid at all costs and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This is a nice little bistro with outside seating where you can order coffee and a light meal or dessert and people watch. Good coffee and pleasant service.Priced reasonably.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Across from the Hotel Pierre, where we stayed, it was our first night in Florence and need to adjust to the time. We had a table in the corner which was lovely. The wait staff was so nice and very funny. Waiter suggested a wine with our dinner that was perfect (not expensive). My husband had the Florentine Steak, which he said was very good and I had tagliolini with tartufo (truffles) --- which was to die for. We went back a second time just because the food and service was above and beyond. I loved this place. We meet one of the owners family and he was so kind and gracious offered us Amarone from his family's farm with biscuits --- excellent. A must to try when in Florence.

1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 11 June 2017

It's hard to be disappointed at breakfast in Italy - lots of fine pasticcerias with great pastry and coffee, but this place was a rare exception. Dull breads, weak coffee, and the "American breakfast" bacon & eggs alternative was worse. The only redeeming feature bringing this up from 1 star to 2 stars was a very friendly African waitress. So meh that I bought breakfast somewhere else the next morning even though I had a hotel voucher and could have eaten for free.