All reviews shared bathroom no elevator great location old building private shower flights of stairs no air conditioning high ceilings heavy luggage third floor decent breakfast would stay here again street level central location train station loved this hotel toilet
Reviewed June 1, 2017

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights. The location is great, close to the major sites without being right in the middle of it. We had a room on an upper floor with a beautiful view of the Duomo (if you looked from the side of the room, not directly). We were celebrating our anniversary, and there was a nice bottle of wine, glasses and a corkscrew awaiting us on our arrival, which was a very sweet touch.

Obviously this is an old building, so one doesn't expect it to be modern. The entire place does feel dingy and could use a coat of paint. But everything was clean, and it feels very safe. I was glad that I had used street view on Google maps to get a sense of where the place was, based on other reviews I had read. It allowed us to walk right to the door. For safety, the big door at street level locks at night, so three different keys were required to get into our room. Remember that there are a LOT of stairs!

The breakfast provided here was better than any others we had on our trip, which was much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Loved this hotel in the best area of Florence. Comfortable large rooms. Good breakfast. Fabulous old 16th Palace.
The plumbing is a bit antiquated.
There are a lot of stone steps up to the Hotel. In fact 82 up to our room. Keeps you fit but be aware of them if you have mobility problems.
Where you are using shared bathrooms it would improve things if there was at least one more bathroom. Occasionally you have to wait a while. All in all though would highly recommend this hotel for a budget choice in Florence.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2017

We would stay here again. The people are friendly and the breakfast is nice. High ceilings and surrounded by art. The room was spacious and clean, included breakfast, and I felt absolutely safe there. If I ever go back to Florence, I will, without a doubt, stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2017

When choosing a hotel in Florence, I just happened upon Hotel Bavaria and I’m incredibly glad that I did. It had everything I was looking for and more. The location kept us close to all of the sights, the room was spacious and clean, the included breakfast has a nice selection, and I felt absolutely safe there. If I ever go back to Florence, I will, without a doubt, stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2017

The best thing about this hotel is certainly the location! For this, we would stay here again. The people are friendly and the breakfast is fine. Internet is a bit slow and it doesn't work in rooms - but it's worth it for being in such a great place.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple