Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$118
US$89
Hilton
  • Room Service
US$240
US$198
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

Orcagna Hotel(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$1,467
US$494
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsred orangetoilet and showertrain stationhotel is greatplace to staystar hotelcroissants
Reviewed September 8, 2014

My son and I stayed there for 3 nights in August. The bathroom was a shock, very small. You could sit in the toilet and shower! The room was clean and the air conditioner worked just fine but the elevator up 3 flights was not theirs so we had to lug or luggage up and down! Thank goodness my son is strong! We had to pay €64 a night and for that I feel we over paid. If this is all you can find then I guess it is okay but next time I will do better research!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Very dirty, the window didn't close, dripping water from the rain. Couldn't sleep at all and had to change hotel for our second night in Florence. Would not suggest even thinking about staying there. The room was very dirty and smelly, toilet very dirty and small, with everything falling appart. Should not even be called a hotel, it has no elevator and its at the second floor of a really dodgy building.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natkaf
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had just had to leave a horrible Air B and B at 8.30 at night and walked in here. They negotiated on price (it was cheaper than Air BnB in the end), and everything about it was better, It's a basic hotel, but if you know that then I'd recommend it. I met four staff members and all were smiley friendly and helpful. The room was adequate, and reception staffed 24 hours. The bathroom had a kind of wetroom - ie the toilet was in the shower - but we couldn't have cared less, it was clean and equipped with all we need. I liked the breakfast, plenty available and tables laid with care.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We chose this hotel for the location. It is only a few blocks from the train station and is centrally located to every major site in Florence. We also chose it because of the price--we realized that at this price it was going to be a sparse accomodation. The hotel itself is located on the 2nd floor and you have to climb steps. There is a hostel type accomodation below the hotel, and the staircase smelled of the outside garbage. However, once inside the hotel it was pretty insulated from the rest of the building. The bedcover needed updating, but the room was very comfortable. There is not a hairdryer or refrigerator, and the shower is located in the middle of the bathroom floor. Still, for the price it could not be beat. I would reccomend it, but definately with a caveat to not expect a whole lot except for the great price and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gulielmus4
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Yes, the location was great for us rail travellers. Plenty of restaurants (affordable), shops, groceries, and younger people in the streets. Very good place to hang out if you are 20-30's or if you prefer young people. Kind of like 'spring break' minus the loudness or the drunkedness.
There is a street market about two blocks away that is fantastic for leather goods and other stuff. The Duomo is three blocks away.
Yes, the staff was extra nice and helpful. there is a dog that sleeps in the lobby and snores.
Yes, the room was clean and comfortable.
Yes, the breakfast was very nice.
Yes, I would recommend the hotel. ABSOLUTELY. We thought it was fun. We loved our stay.

And yes, it is three flights up with no elevator. I have never stayed in a room where I could sit on the toilet and put my toes on the bed. The shower was super tiny. Kind of like opening an umbrella that has a shower curtain attached and trying to shower while banging into the sink. It was not The Embassy Suites but I did not go to Italy to be in the United States.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street to get the most natural light. the streets are not noisy. Keep an open mind and have a ball.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple