“Best and cheapest Pizza 🍕 in Florence”

Antica Pizzeria Del Duomo
Ranked #1,767 of 3,063 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Well we ate at this place twice with my wife.

We were traveling with a generally small budget and we were looking for something relatively cheap to dine.

At the first time we found this place as we were wondering arround the Duomo Piazza, as the pizza seemed very promising and tasty. We saw that they were changing by the weight of the slice. We ordered two flavors (slices), which they were really huge, and a cola zero 500 ml. The price was 12,50€ in total (the place is self service). We really enjoyed the pizza. Itbwas one of the best we had in Italy. Thick layer and much of ingredients on the top!!! (Same amount of pizza in a restaurant with cola service charge etc... Would be at least double price). The owner was very polite. Also the location is perfect, as you have a full view of the Duomo.

We chose to eat there for second day in the row as we were very happy of both quality of the food, quantity and Price. When we were leaving, I asked the owner if they had TripAdvisor account so I could review them. Terrified he answered "no no TripAdvisor"... which behaviour was really strange. We thanked him and left.

Both times the place was crowded.

Afterwards and being curious by the owners reaction about TripAdvisor, I saw the name of the pizzeria from the receipt and I searched for it on TripAdvisor. By big surprise, I found out that it had so many "terrible" scored reviews. I started reading them with big difficulty, because they were all in italian. Most of them were angry because the owner was not speaking good Italian (probably he is not Italian).

From my experience i know that TripAdvisor is a tool used to judge and review the food, the service, the quality etc, of a restaurant, and NOT the linguistic skills of the owners. Also we have to review also according to the kind of restaurants. You cannot review for example a street kebab house with the same criteria as a Michelin star restaurant...

For me this is a 5 star pizzeria on exactly what it does. Street take away pizza, with fresh materials, logical prices, and polite service.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Small pizza place near the Duomo. Convenient if in the area, but probably not a destination restaurant. Pizza is very thick (mostly dough). Mixed views on the pizza among my family. The best view was that flavor was very good (for example, pepperoni has a nice kick), but prefer less thick/heavy dough. Worst view was that it was terrible. In any event, it’s rather expensive – sold by weight, thus you don’t know the cost of what you’re ordering. On the positive side, they will give you a taste.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2017

If you are walking around and want to grab a quick snack and reasonably priced, than this is the place. Variety of Pizza choices, note it's by weight not slice

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Crunchy pizza which we could get late in the evening (the last pieces). In the center of Florence (near Duomo).

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I loved this pizza place for many reasons. Plethora of pepperoni on the pizza, cold draft beer, good service and an excellent view of the duomo. What more could a Jersey girl ask for in Florence? So good I had it again the very next night.

Date of visit: August 2017