“Very Welcoming”

Ranked #107 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
New York
“Very Welcoming”
Reviewed 3 February 2008

Ridolfi is a great little place. We stayed there over the New Years holiday. It has a good location, walkable from the train station. Giampolo, the owner, was extremely nice and suggested some great restaurants for us, one of which we spent our New Years Eve dinner at. He's an interesting guy to talk to and makes you feel right at home (and was happy to show us where we can find breakfast food in case we got up too late or too early). The rooms were pretty clean, and the common bathrooms were clean enough too, but it's a very different experience from what you would find in a hotel. There are only a few rooms, hence, only a few travelers. Don't let the old building it's housed in fool you, the rooms are much nicer. My only warning is watch out for the showers...It has a mind of its own.

• Liked — The warm service
  • Disliked — The showers unpredictable water temperture
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank braq123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2007

Nice small B&B. The owner is very nice and willing to assist with booking reservations to Uffizzi and Accademia. About 10 minute walk from train station and requires one to walk up 3 flights of stairs. Breakfast is provided and if kitchen is full they will serve bring it to your room. Our room was large with high ceilings and bathroom across the hall. The house itself is quiet, but streets can be noisy with car traffic.

Stayed August 2007
Piraeus, Greece
Reviewed 28 June 2006

We stayed in this quest house for 3 nights in June. It is located centrally (about 10 mins walk from the train station) but the rooms are very quiet. The guest house is on the second floor of a building but there is no elevator. Our room was very spacious, with a high ceilling and clean. There was a tv and a fridge in the room.
We were a bit surprised to find a shower a sink and a bidet in the corner of our room. We were expecting something a bit more...erm.... private. The common toilets were spotless though.
Each morning the owner would come in the cute little kitchen and prepare breakfast for the quests but we never had the chance to try it as we always woke up late.
Most of the reviews I've read comment on what a wonderfull, friendly and helpfull guy he is but unfortunatelly we didnt get to see him much ( as I said we woke up quite late), so I cant really comment on that.
The whole experience reminded me of my days as a university student living in the halls of residence.
What I am trying to say is that if you are looking for basic, clean, friendly accomodation with a good price than this guest house is perfect for you. If you expect something more than basic than maybe you should look somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank colaboy7
London
Reviewed 25 September 2005

Finding cheap accommodation in Florence was quite a struggle, and being one of the least expensive options I came across, I was a little nervous about the Ridolfi as I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I needn't have worried - I travelled with my boyfriend and parents, and we were all happy with this place. Both our rooms were large and clean, if a little older in style and basic in furnishings. Each room had a fridge as well as sink, and shower - not in an ensuite, just in a corner of the rooms which was a little odd, but worked fine.
Gianpaolo was indeed a great host, and prepared breakfast for us on the morning - he also graciously accepted our offers of Limencello in the evenings, which I'm sure wasn't the best one on the market, but he skulled it down with us anyway! He provided good maps and directions for us, answered our endless questions and recommended a great place for dinner too.
The location is good - close to the train station, the central markets and Galleria where we were went early one morning to see David.
I would recommend this hotel to all looking for good value in a city known for sky-high prices. If you're looking for 5 star luxury, try the Savoy. If you want a decent, clean room with a friendly host, I would recommend the Ridolfi. I would return if ever in Florence again.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank PSinLondon
SF/East Bay, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2005

This place is bare bones simple and great for the budget traveler trying to stretch every dime. If you expect any type of amenity, don’t come here. Instead, try one of the millions of other accommodations Florence has to offer.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank DerickS
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2005

Our family (2 adults and 2 teens) stayed at this Bed and Breakfast for one night. Not only was it affordable, it was clean and spacious. We had a huge room that had a sliding divider that could create two separate rooms. There are (I believe) a total of 4 rooms. Our room was directly across the hall from our bathroom. It had plenty of towels and hot water for showers. The owner Gianpaolo was great and a tremendous help with directions and restaurant recommendations He also provided breakfast for us and allowed us to keep our luggage at the B/B after we checked out (along with the keys) until later that day when we caught our train to Rome. The location is centrally located and very near the Academia where "David" is located. Great find! We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Florence!

• Stayed June 2005