All reviews hot tub apartment hotel roof terrace complimentary bottle of wine pool and sauna superior studio spa facilities sightseeing bus cooking facilities bottom floor lovely pool great views of florence nespresso machine florence skyline steam room family suite short stay in florence
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

This was my second time staying at Forte 16 and needless to say, it only got better! First off, the location is very convenient. Close to bus stops, although everything was at a walking distance (including the sights). A lovely, more local neighborhood so you can find the best restaurants that aren't tourist traps. Second of all, the service as always was so nice and accommodating, always greeted you with a warm smile. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous with modern amenities, not to mention how breathtaking the terrace was! The spa area was also a divine place to relax after a long day of touring. This will always be my go-to hotel when staying in Florence!

A MAJOR plus for the complimentary wine bottle and the free wine tasting at Forte's own wine bar/restaurant.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia N
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Happy faces all around. I wouldn't exactly call our room a real appartment, but it's a significant upgrade from a regular hotel room.

Staff are really friendly. Price/value ratio is extremely good. The indoor pool was a bit busy, but that may have been our timing.

Take some time to float in the jacuzzi on top of the hotel, sipping Prosecco and looking out over Florence. You will love it!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of March. The staff were all very warm and welcoming. The hotel is modern, with spacious rooms and is very clean and tidy. We had cooking facilities in our room and so saved some money by making our own breakfast and, on one evening, dinner. The location isn't one where you can pop in and out to town, it's more one where you'd go into town and stay out all day. It's about a 15 to 20 minute walk. Having said that the no.13 bus goes from directly outside the hotel, from the bus stop on the other side of the road and that will take you very quickly up the hill to the Piazza Michelangelo and, once you hop back onto the bus, into town. Reception will sell you the bus tickets. There are a few good little restaurants within a 5 min walk of the hotel. We didn't use the pool or spa facilities. Would recommend to anyone visiting Florence.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I found this property on a common booking website as a promoted hotel. So I took a chance and booked it -- and boy am I glad I did! This property is great. It is actually an Aparthotel (an apartment building renovated into a hotel). The rooms are larger than a typical hotel room and have a fully stocked kitchen (there is also an onsite laundry suite). It is the design by the architect/owner that makes all the difference. To me, it is what Florentine design will be in the future. This fully updated, forward thinking, earth friendly design uses natural materials, simple lines, energy efficient LED lighting and smart home technology to create a serene environment. (Good WiFi and there are lots of outlets for the modern traveler) The staff are friendly and responsive. The location is safe and very convenient. The building is only a 10-15 minute casual walk to the important sites of the city. Highly Recommended. It's so comfortable, it will change the way you travel - to Florence at least!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the hotel when visiting Florence for a couple of nights. It was the perfect getaway and made especially so by the hotel and staff. Check in was very straightforward and staff extremely friendly. The room was very spacious, immaculately clean, well designed and even came with a complimentary welcome bottle of red wine. The hotel offers access to the spa facilities for all guests and we utilised the pool (including water jets), steam room and sauna. We treated ourselves to a couple of treatments and remarked at the competitive prices (in comparison to London prices), my wife hand a neck, shoulder and back massage and I opted for the full body. We both left the spa feeling totally relaxed after the treatments and atmosphere of the spa. We had the continental breakfast included which was rather good and what one would expect from a good breakfast selection in Europe (croissants, pastries, cereal, cold meats, cheese and hot/cold drinks). Location-wise the hotel is situated a 10-15 minute stroll in to the centre of Florence. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Florence or Tuscany region.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple