“Expensive Celebration”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We were there for the first time in 1998 or so. We then thought it was worth the price. Today, having achieved 3 Michelin Stars the excellence remains but one might question the value. The ambiance has all the elegance of an old Florentine "palazzo" and the service is first class, though perhaps a bit overdone -- the staff needs to better balance "service" with "privacy" as I don't care to have someone noticing each time I might burp. The menu is modest (see it on line -- it is difficult to describe) with several "composite" options available. On this occasion we had the "Menu Degustazione" and the food was as good as one would expect. If you are looking for an "experience" for a very special occasion (our first visits was on our honeymoon, the more recent one was because we felt like renewing the acquaintance) or are on an expense account (a generous one) you might find the visit worth it. You will be rewarded by a fine example of a restaurant offering the very best in ambiance, professional service and creative, flawlessly prepared food. If you are simply looking for an elegant place with excellent service and food you can do better, but remember, you pay for the 3 stars.

1  Thank Paul O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We had a slightly above average meal at Pinchiorri. The service was excellent - but quite pretentious. The water menu is a joke and the wine menu is overpriced. We ordered the cheapest wine on the wine menu, which cost us almost 70 Euros!. AND - the meal was just soso. We had one fixed "menu" and on a la carte meal and shared both. The main course on the "menu" was dull and unimaginative - could have found better off the street. The dessert was beautiful, but tasteless. Pasta was very good, but you can do just as well at many local restaurants for a fraction of the price. The total cost for our meal, wine wine and ONE glass of asti spumante (35 Euro) was in the 400 Euro range. This restaurant wouldn't even be noticed by Michelin if it were in France. What an expensive disapointment!

1  Thank Gail B
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We have paid 400 Euro for 2 main course, 2 appetiser, 1 bottle of water and 2 desert.
We had been in other Michelin restaurants before in different countries. Comparing to those this was not offering anything special but the price was much more than all of them. No special interior design and atmosphere. The food was fine and fresh, but chef was not flexible with your requirements . I don't recommend this restaurant. I can list other Michelin restaurants much better than this. I think they over charge you with for example water list !! It is a big no for me.

1  Thank Amysilvers
Reviewed 23 February 2017

This could be the finest dining experience of my life. No I have not lived a sheltered life, quite to the contrary. I have traveled America, South America, Europe and the Far East and indulged in some of the finest restaurants worldwide. The location of this restaurant is classic Firenze. The service is truly impeccable, and the food is other worldly. The apps are incredible. So imaginative and delicious. The Pasta course is varied and innovative. The main courses could stand against any restaurant that I have been privileged to dine. The cuisine is not Italian, it is unique and outstanding. Truly a place not to miss.

1  Thank pjbplc
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We did the Discovery Menu for €150 per person, which is not cheap, but it felt like a steal for the quality. Only place I have ever been that had a water menu! As others have mentioned wines are exceptionally expensive, cheapest I saw was €95. The John Dory and seafood medley were divine. Service was serious and respectful despite our obvious lack of sophistication into this world.

1  Thank mosstlly