“Spaghetti Carbonara w/Black Truffles is To Die For!”

Il Caminetto Ristorante
Ranked #161 of 2,951 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Our host at a winery in the Chianti Rufina region made this dinner reservation for us and he could not have made a better choice. The food and service were impeccable and the location near the Duomo was very convenient. I started off with the succulent stuffed zucchini flowers and my wife had the fennel, orange & walnut salad. The primo piatto, however, was one of the most outstanding pasta dishes we have ever tasted. The spaghetti carbonara with shaved black truffles was to die for! Carbonara sauce is so rich and savory to begin with, but the addition of black truffles took it through the roof. For the secondi piatti my wife had the stack of veal scaloppine and I had the perfectly grilled sliced bistecca with arugula and parmigiano cheese, which was so tender that it practically melted in my mouth. The desserts were beautifully presented and delicious as well. Please note that this restaurant adds a 10% service charge to the tab (which is clearly stated on the menu), that we did not encounter at any other restaurant we ate at in Florence.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I had a friend that visited Florence about 15 years ago and told me I had to eat here when I was visiting. I didn't take her that seriously, but we didn't know where else to eat and decided to give it a try- great decision- probably the best meal of my life! The service was wonderful, the food was phenomenal, everything we wanted and more! I had the eggplant (I'm vegetarian) but my carnivore friend tried it and had dinner envy... trust me, just go! And order the eggplant!

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed nearby so didn't want to venture too far on the first night. Very friend service and the food is excellent at reasonable price. Will difinitely visit again to try other things.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

It is nice restaurant next to Duomo Florence and I had a nice carbonara with black truffles on top.

This restaurant with the free wifi but you need to ask the waiter for password access.

There are indoor and outdoor area with nice decor.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

Have eaten here several times over the past ten years - always consistently good - chose stuffed courgette flowers - delicious - followed by steak in chianti - melt in the mouth - couldn't manage dessert. Situated very close to the duomo.