“The Perfect Anniversary Dinner”

La Bottega del Buon Caffe
Ranked #38 of 2,977 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$47 - US$135
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Piazzale Michelangelo
Description: At La Bottega del Buon Caffe we have been producing seasonal authentic Florentine dishes for years. Yet, our new location in the heart of Florencce marks the start of a new era as the La Bottega team launch a selection of exciting new organic and gourmet concepts. In collaboration with the restaurant's new owners, Claus and Jeanette Thottrup, La Bottega del Buon Caffe's head chef, Antonello Sardi, has successfully developed fresh and innovative gourmet menus which are now available both at lunch and dinner and which have earned him his first Michelin Star. With the emphasis on natural locally sourced ingredients, La Bottega offers authentic Tuscan food that creatively combines the best of classic and contemporary cuisine. Authenticity and honesty is at the heart of all we create at La Bottega and our menus are created individually according to the season. Today's catch of fresh fish is delivered from the Mediterranean daily, free-range meats are supplied by local artisan farmers and our vegetables, fruit, herbs and honey are bought from our farm in the country. Respecting our Florentine location our menus are designed to reflect the region's unique gastronomic heritage and vibrant culinary culture.
Reviewed April 27, 2017

My wife and I were in Florence for our one year anniversary and we decided to treat ourselves with a Michelin Star dining experience. An experience is exactly what we got. The staff was incredibly responsive to emails while trying to set up a special night for us, everything from the best table in the restaurant, to a beautiful rose for my wife.

We decided on the tasting menu with wine pairing listed on the menu while the staff allowed up to customize the menu how we wanted and even offered us "let the chef decide." The dishes that came out per pair perfectly with the delicious rare wine they served, and the staff described and explained each dish to ensure maximum enjoyment. Even the olive oil was the best we tasted in all of Italy.

While a little pricey, it was an amazing experience and we left very satisfied.

Thank you for an amazing memory on our first anniversary.

1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed April 23, 2017

This modern restaurant offers a nice view behind the scenes of the professional kitchen and this fact is interesting by itself enough to decide to visit the place. The food is at the level of the ambient too. We decided for a degustation menu based on meat ingredients - I usually eat seafood, but prefer to eat it at the sea and not in the inside of the country. I find out that it was a good decision. Some very good plates came to our table and the waiter always suggested the right wine to marry the food. They have a nice wine cart, based on small producers and I love this idea. The reception and the service was excellent, very professional, prompt and for me it was not annoying if the waiter read my thoughts before I had to tell him to bring some water for example. Just relax and the waiters do their job. The only remark I had is the smell of the fish, which came twice from the kitchen to our table and it was not pleasant although it lasted just for a few seconds. Absolutely fine dining and hope to come back soon.

1  Thank Karmen P
BorgoSantoPietro, Manager at La Bottega del Buon Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Thank you Karmen P for your kind words. We're glad to read you had such a positive experience with us. All of our food, including our fish, is locally sourced and of the upmost freshness and quality including our herbs and vegetables, most of which come directly from our own organic farm located at our estate, Borgo Santo Pietro, near Siena.
We're glad you plan to visit again and we can't wait to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

This is a one Michelin restaurant. In my opinion it definitely worth a second star and I am a tough grader when it comes to food. An excellent meal from the beginning to the end. Every dish met our expectations and beyond. The creme brûlée foie gras was amazing. The cheesecake dessert was creative and delicious.
You have to choose between a 6 or 8 course menu but you can do your own combination which is very convenient. One note though; it took us almost three hours to finish the six course menu. So you need to plan to start early or don't mind finishing late.
Service is warm, excellent and efficient.
Decor is of cave shape bricks which is elegant and warm.
Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank DrHabib
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a very beautiful restaurant! The staff were super nice and friendly! The food was good, very delicious. Definely one of top fine dinning restaurant in Florence. We ordered the six course tastint menu, all dish are tasty. But maybe i had been to too many michelin restaurants, this one didn't really suprised me. It was good, i seriously can't find any bad point of the food, but it just very average amount michelin one star restaurants. Also, the dessert is very very average.
Also, since we just had lunch at Osteria Francescana one day before, so my judgement toward this restaurant might be unfair. I still recommend everyone who visit Florence try this restaurant. It's really a romantic place to enjoy your meal! And you won't be disappointed!

4  Thank rabbitvivian
BorgoSantoPietro, General Manager at La Bottega del Buon Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2017

Dear rabbitvivian,
thank you for taking the time to send us your review. It's always an honour when guests with such discerning tastes like yourselves appreciate their dining experience with us. Comments like yours help push us even further and we can only wish to surprise you next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife chose this particular restaurant after going thru numerous online reviews. Since we were in Florence only for 3 evenings, we were fortunate to get a reservation at this amazing restaurant. We had the chefs selected 8 course tasting menu and it was very impressive. From the appetizers to the desserts, the quality of the food and presentation were impeccable. My favorites from the tasting menu were:
*Taglierini pasta with baby squid, sage, and chili pepper
*Creme brûlée of foie gras with red onion sorbet, cocoa beans, pears and brioche
*Lamb shoulder, rocket, goat's milk yogurt and onions al cartoccio with vanilla
The service was second to none as three different people waited on us the entire evening. My wife and I have dined at various one to three star Michelin restaurants around the world and we would put this restaurant in our top ten! It deserves a second and then a third star in our opinion. If you are looking for an amazing luxury fine dining experience, please look no further than La Bottega del Buon Caffe in Florence!

3  Thank Latif M