to have a place to stay near Ponte Vecchio is fantastic! to be able to walk around, also late at night to enjoy the beauty of the city was magic. the flat is nicely furnished, good bathrooms, and dogs were allowed, another reason to choose it. Oltrarno is a great place for restaurants, good quality, great wines, traditional Tuscan food, as well as little boutiques, art galleries, plus Palazzo Pitti, Capella Brancacci, etc .We have been many times to Florence but it was our first time in a flat and on the whole we loved it, Garage nearby, supermarket, pasticcerie, etc. the duvets were on the 'light' side for the Florentine winter, and there were no mugs, or bowls for cereals... that we had to buy, but on the whole a good Christmas week!
We really enjoyed our stay at the Guelfo apartment. Very spacious, and comfortable. Too bad the weather was too chilly to enjoy the terrace. Excellent location if you want to be in the middle of the happening area in Florence.
The apartment was always a bit too cold even after it was set up it never warmed up. Lighting in bedrooms was terrible. It would be good to change it because bedside lamps are not enough. We cocked a lot while we stayed there (10 days) and it was great. They just need to add a deep pot to cook pasta. Other than that our stay was wonderful. We hope to be back soon!!
Stayed here with 2 other couples, having 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms ensured we all had our own space. The location is excellent, close to Ponte Vecchio and all of Florence's sights. We would definitely recommend this apartment for friends or families.
My husband and I spent a week at the Ponte Vecchio (Guelfo) apartment with our 3 boys (16, 14 and 11). This spacious apartment is conveniently located just over Ponte Vecchio in the Oltrarno neighborhood. We liked this location because it's right on the edge of the tourist craziness with walking access to all of the major sites, but with a more residential feel. The apartment itself is bright, clean and modern with all of your needs including a full kitchen, washing machine and strong wifi (not the case in most other places we stayed during our 3-week trip). All bedrooms had en suite bathrooms which was especially nice.
The apartment is situated on a street with plenty of shopping, cafes and bars. We enjoyed avoiding the crowds and exploring the Oltrarno neighborhood. In addition to the many options on the street outside the front door, Piazza Della Passera is a quick walk from the apartment and has several great restaurant and bar options. A supermarket is just steps from the apartment and the kitchen is well-equipped for cooking at home.
The apartment option was a more economical way to go for our family since it is less expensive than 2 hotel rooms to accommodate our family of 5.
Our only negatives:
* We had a couple of maintenance issues (AC, shower) which were resolved within our first few days.
* The apartment has a nice-sized balcony, but not much of a view. Still nice for enjoying coffee or an aperitif.
The apartment was beautiful, the outside balcony was great, and the location right in the heart of things. I would highly recommend this apartment. Only drawback was internet went down for over 2 days and they didn't tell us we had to remove ALL our trash upon leaving or be charged a fee! Never heard of anything like that before!!!
Absolutely great! Our family -father, mother and 4 kids- stayed here at the end of March and it was perfect:
1. On the quieter, less touristic side of Ponte Vecchio, yet 2 mn walk from it and walking distance (with a 3 year old, mind you) to all the sites.
2. With a fabulous, extremely well stocked supermarket CONAD 3mn away. Try to avoid late afternoons when people do their dinner shopping.
3. With a garage meters away from your door: parking in Florence is impossible without a garage. This one is extremely convenient and at a reasonable enough price if you care to leave your car there for the duration of your stay or if you just want to drop off heavy luggage and then park the car at a free spot outside the center.
4. The apartment itself has just been redone: it is in impeccable conditions, spacious, clean, modern but cosy, with fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher, washer and dryer etc: so you can cook any meals, travel light and easily do the laundry.
5. The internet works very well and it is connected to the TV: our kids could watch their favorite shows in a language they understood.
6. The neighborhood makes you feel at home: we could see ourselves living here and enjoying our routines. There is abundance of little cafés and small restaurants, shops of all sorts, antique stores...
7. The staff that welcomed us was very friendly and competent: Gabriele took the time to explain everything about the apartment and then gave us precious insights into Florence. We felt like we had a head start. We do have dear friends in Florence and it was not our first time there so we can vouch for the quality and value of his suggestions.
So, top rating! ...my only hesitation in writing such an enthusiastic review is that this great secret of ours is going to be known by all of you and the apartment is likely not going to be free for us the next time we come to Florence . Well, I guess we'll have to book early... Enjoy!
From the rental agency to the apartment itself, our stay in Florence was exemplary. This was our fifth trip to the city and we would definitely return to this apartment again in the future. It's perfectly appointed, clean and beautiful and the location is divine!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children|