“Nice wine tasting menu at lunchtime”

Enoteca Pitti Gola e Cantina
Ranked #45 of 2,825 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$50 - US$85
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pitti
Description: Thank you for your interest in Enoteca Pitti Gola e Cantina. We are a cozy wine shop and wine bar located in Piazza Pitti just across from the Pitti Palace. Our mission is to select the very best territorial, cultural and traditional wines produced in Tuscany and in Italy. Focusing on small production, high-end wines that are difficult to find anywhere else. Our options by the glass strongly represent this very specific selection. Our goal is to inform our clients of the wines and wine making process of Italy. We have a limited but quite special food selection prepared daily by our chef. We offer an a la carte menu featuring Tuscan appetizers, cheeses, charcuterie and hand made first courses. Still, our dishes are designed to compliment your experience with our wines. We are not a restaurant with a full dining menu. Our kitchen is open from 1:00pm to 3:30 pm then again from 7:30 to 10:30. We are closed on Tuesdays. For reservations please let us know what date, time, name, how many people and what type of reservation you are interested in making; an a la carte lunch or dinner, a reservation for The Wine Club Tasting, Dinner With An Owner or The Wine Tasting Lunch. We are closed On Tuesdays all day. We thank you so much for expressing your interest in us and we do very much hope to get to see you at Enoteca Pitti Gola e Cantina soon!
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had a pretty nice lunch here across the street from the Pitti Palace. Unfortunately it was very hot that day, so we ate inside. There are only 3-4 small tables inside. We liked the wine pairings and my wife had excellent chicken liver terrine as an appetizer. The zucchini blossoms with cheese appetizer was fried nicely but stuffed with a bit too much cheese for me but might work for many other people. I had an interesting pasta with the octopus ragu and my wife had tagliatelle with rabbit. My wife enjoyed her cheese course and I had a nice Tiramasu for dessert. Here are a few comments that pertain to all the restaurants we ate at in Florence. There is a €2-€4 cover charge that looks to cover the cost of bread. Bread in Italy was a disappointment as it was dry. You don’t get butter for the bread nor unlike Italian restaurants in US you don’t get olive oil to put on the bread. In the absence of both we ate almost no bread in Italian restaurants in Florence.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

In spite of month’s of planning I hadn’t noticed this restaurant before we visited Florence.

It’s on the ‘other side’ of the river opposite the Pitti Palace and we found it after a quick look on TA after getting caught in a rainstorm one Monday lunchtime. I can only thank everyone who’s rated it so highly before and especially those who recommended the tasting lunch menu, it really is delicious and the matching wine flight is amazing too. The service is great, professional, friendly and our waiter was incredibly knowledgable and enthusiastic about the wines in particular.

All in all a great find and if you’re in Florence please go, it’s only a few minutes walk from the Ponte Vecchio and you’ll thank me if you do.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner and the 3 Chianti wine tasting with our meal. It was simply delicious and very interesting to taste 3 wines from the same region dated 1970, 1980 and 2011. Our host was very informed about the wines and I couldn't fault the evening at all, except to say the only drink option for our 10 year old daughter was water. A juice would have been great. Thank you though for a wonderful final evening in Florence.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Best night in Florence! Optimal wine selection and attentive, genuine service. Best calamari we've tasted...

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend the Wine Tasting Lunch! You get 4 half glasses of different types of wine and a 3-course meal. Everything was very delicious! The staff were very friendly and funny. If you do not have reservations, I highly advise to get there before 12:45-1:00pm. By 1:00pm they start to get real busy! They have a wine club too that can deliver all around the world. You should check it out! Questo posto è fantastico!