“Excellent stay”

Ranked #79 of 173 Lucca B&B and Inns
Illinois
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here two nights and we would like to stay more but the Residenza was fully booked!it was a pleasant stay everything is well made,lovely and rich breakfast served in wonderful cups so nice and romantic.
We sleeped in room madame butterfly very well furnished with old furniture,we did not expext to find a so nice bathroom.
Thank's a lot we lived a great holiday with you

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I spent 2 nights last week in this bed&breakfast with my mum. unfortunately I had a bad surprise at the check-out...when I made the booking, calling them directly I told the owner that I was traveling with my mother and would prefer 2 twin beds, but, as it was their last room and she did not exaclty remember if it was possible to split the bed, I told her that I would take it even if the bed was double. I sent her an e-mail to confirm, asking her, again, that if it was possible, we wanted 2 separated beds. she confirmed a double room, 90 euros per night, breakfast included. OK, perfect. when we arrived she told us that she put an extra-bed in the room, but did not say anything else. at the check-out I had a bad surprise...they asked us to pay 5 euros more per night for the extra-bed that they put in the room...I really thought that it was not really fair!!!! we NEVER talked about an extra-bed, but only asked for a twin room, telling her several time that if not available, a double bed would do just fine. I told her that I was not arguing about the fact that an extra-bed, as its name says is: "extra", and has a supplement cost, but that I would have liked to be informed before!!!! at least at the check-in!!!!! I work as a receptionist in an hotel in Florence, and I really can tell you that you just CAN'T put anything "extra" in the room without telling your guest. It's a shame that they are so unprofessional (especially the man at the check-out...), because location is nice, room was pretty big and clean, bathroom was not spotless clean (the bath especially) and breakfast was poor. Lucca is a unique city, so relaxing!!!! coming from Florence we really appreciated the quiet of the city, we'll go back to Lucca, but not to this b&b.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank caroFiesole
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We Made a trip in tuscany without any reservation
We found The residenza walking inside historic center of Lucca and it was really good a lovely atmosPhere candle parfume and The rooms really nice decorated
In The morning a young girl serve a lovely breakfast with croissant cakes fresh fruit with good music

• Stayed July 2011
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Our family was travelling through Italy in May. We were stuck on a Friday night without accomodations about three hours outside of Lucca. I called several locations that were full for the evening until someone finally referred me to Centro Storico. Valentina was gracious enought to wait up till midnight for us to arrive on a Friday night. She even met us at the gate so that we could find the location (trust me, we wouldn't have found anything inside the gates of Lucca). Her husband even parked our car at an offsite lot. When we got up to our room we were amazed. It was so beautiful and very spacious for European lodging. While we had only planned on staying one night in Lucca we stayed for three nights. By far our best stop in Italy. Valentina was helpful with our daily planning and her breakfast was delicious. We also had the pleasure of meeting her delightful family. I Whether you are travelling with children or are travelling single this is the spot for you! Highly recommend Centro Storico. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The actual place is quite nice and in a good location (although lucca is small so anything in the old town is a good location). However we emailed the owner two days prior to arriving to say we couldn't make the first night (we were going to stay 4, so ended up staying 3). She said ok see you then. It wasn't mentioned by her when we arrived, but after she took money off our credit card we realised she charged us for the first night that we didn't stay. She refused to refund it and became very rude and nasty. So effectively took 90 euro from us for nothing! She was just being greedy. This completely ruined our stay and for that reason we don't recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca255100
cacita7, Direttore at Residenza Centro Storico, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Hallo Visitors
I would like only inform everybody that these people sayed for 3 days that my b&b was the best accomodation that they find after 20 days of holidays in ITaly.They have booked by an agency with a contract where if you cancel you have to pay all your reservation.So is really silly write bad thing about the B&B taht they sayed was lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colorado Srpings, CO
Reviewed 6 May 2011

We got lost finding this B&B and when we finally found a store to purchase a map and ask directions it turned out be in the same building, just around the corner. Our double room, La Tosca, was lovely with a comfortable queen size bed, large modern shower and plenty of storage. It was also spotlessly clean. Breakfast even had eggs available if you wanted them. The location is in the heart of the walled city and if you have a map easy to find. The owner, Valentina, speaks fluent English and can suggest several local restaurants with excellent, reasonably priced food. The only downside of the whole experience is there is no elevator to the second floor rooms. So except for the stairs this place is perfect. We will stay here again next time we visit Lucca.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this amazing place, right in the middle of the historical old town of Lucca, for one night and fell completely in love with this dream of a B&B <3.
We were travelling with small children who enjoyed their own little "prince-room" in #6. The standard of the room is very good. The bathroom lovely, with lots of flowers and other, nice details.
Valentina (the owner) gave us great, personal service and served us fantastic breakfast in the breakfast room.
We highly recommend Centro Storico and there is no doubt where we will stay next time in Lucca!
Thank you, Valentina for a great experience at your wonderful place!

Room Tip: Very central, great personal service. Beautiful!