All reviews lovely hotel inside the city walls within the walls room was large perfect location breakfast was included old city would highly recommend this hotel visiting lucca pisa airport stayed nights loved this hotel beautiful city small hotel top floor easy access nice breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Was booked in another Lucca hotel,which was overbooked, so they sent me to the San Luca Palace.
All team members are very helpful and show great care. I had a problem with smashed car window, was helped with duct tape and plastic wrap for a temporary fix.

Enjoyed the breakfast with a good spread of local specialities and the usual international staff guests want today.

Rooms are typical of these older generation Italian hotels, cleanliness was top, only thing I suggest get rid of the air fresher in the room, some guests get head aches from this articifical room scents.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2018

This was our second stay at the San Luca and again, it was a wonderful stay. The location is perfect with a free parking lot right next door. The rooms are enormous,quiet and with a large bathroom, especially by Italian hotel standards. The staff is especially welcoming and informative. We used the bar one evening for a Spritz with some chips, nuts and other small appetizers, sitting outside and watching travelers and natives walk by. Breakfast has anything you would want and the service is excellent. Lucca is a very walkable city and the San Luca offers a welcome respite at the end of the day.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2018

I have been staying in hotels around the world for 40 years and this is one of the very memorable ones. We had a huge Italian style room with a lovely bathroom, even though only one floor up it was very quiet throughout the night. A very nice bar with an extremely nice & friendly barman to return to in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel. Mary Burke, Clonmel, Ireland.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I don’t like to say it but really it should have been better for an official 4 star hotel- not great!!
Italy’s tourism is based on a rich culture of unbelievable history almost unparalleled anywhere else in the world and in a way their food and hotels follow this clean cut approach but I’m sorry to say San Luca Palace Hotel falls well short in almost every aspect.
We stayed in this hotel three times now and oddly enough in exactly the same room this time as two years and I’ve attached three images for you to make your own call but the bathroom is dated - in dire need of a refurbishment, pillows were flat and lifeless. There was no duvet but only sheets and bedspread which had to be used for warmth due to lack of duvet but this was exact same bedspread as was present two years ago. Breakfast was ‘fine’ and staff were friendly and hard working but honestly this hotel is distinctly average but I hasten to add very clean, but I don’t think worthy of its official 4 Star ranking.
Location is good and unless there is a major refurbishment, i think i will choose an alternative hotel next time around.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank K4847RWgarys
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to stay here by friends and we weren't disappointed! The manager is very welcoming and gave us lots of helpful information. Car park behind the hotel is very convenient. Room was big and very clean with everything we needed. Amazing pizza place down the street called Alice Pizza where you pay by weight, it's approx €3 per slice for the best pizza I've ever eaten!

Trip type: Travelled with friends