La Staffetta Tap Room
Review Highlights
Great little bar with excellent selection of craft beers

Reviewed September 5, 2018
dragonh88
Harrogate, United Kingdom
via mobile
Best beer for hot weather

Reviewed August 5, 2018

18 Reviews
from US$121.50
from US$155.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here while wandering round Pisa and it's a gem! I'm not a big fan of classic Italian beers - so this place is ideal - great selection of craft bottles and on draft the night we were here was an American Pale, a session IPA, a Rye beer and a stout. I went for the Rye. Slightly pricy at €4 for a schooner but a nice drinking beer. Would recommend

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Easy-drinking locally made light beers with friendly service and free bites to increase thirst. Good music too.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We unexpectedly stumbled across this place while sitting on the bridge watching the sunset in Pisa (highly recommend). My partner and I love a craft beer and couldn’t recommend this place higher it rivals the beers brewed in England.

At 4 Euro for a pint of craft beer and free bar snacks from the local region (think meats and cheese) we would recommend this to anyone passing by local or tourist.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic to find a place selling real beer in Pisa, I particularly enjoyed the Gnu Skull, my wife loved her wheat beer, very reasonably priced too, only fault is its not open during the day!!

1  Thank chunkboozy
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I have stumbled to La Staffetta by accident, simply looking for supposedly the best craft ice cream in Pisa that as it comes out is the next door to the pub!

The staff is very nice, extremely friendly. The fact that the beers served in this tap room represent such a wide array of styles is great but the fact that the beers are very tasty and not faulty is simply amazing!

I have had some of the best hoppy beers in Italy here, fresh and very intense, with great drinkability and extremely refreshing. This is the place I would recommend to anybody looking for good beer in Pisa.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

This was the last place that I expected to find in Italy, let alone Pisa. Luckily I just happened on it by chance when scanning the TA listing of 'things to do'. We tried for an early evening drink but beware as they don't open until 7pm on Fridays.
We returned later after dining and were both very pleased that we made the effort as they serve some excellent own brew ales. I especially enjoyed their session IPA GNU-SKULL.
Recommended to all real ale lovers in need of a quick 'fix'.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Any brewpub is worth a visit, especially in a country where it's near on impossible to find anything other than mass produced, tasteless Eurofizz. This bar doesn't do food but if you're looking to either start or finish your evening (or even spend your entire evening!) with some high quality beer, with a choice of styles, this is a great place to be. Excellent staff too, happy to let you try before you buy so no risk of buying something you regret. Good value too.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

They have 5 different beers but very different in taste, from Hemp ale to IPA. If you like crafted beers, you'll like this place, very layback :)

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

In this small pub you can find great local craft beers produced in the Province of Pisa. Most beers are self produced, other beers are produced in different small breweries.
You can also eat sandwiches.

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

We visited & my wife does not drink beer. No tea, wine, cider or ginger beer for her.
I had a nice refreshing citrus summer beer / ale, but we left after the one due to the lack of other drinks on offer.