All reviews the main tourist short walk lovely little hotel just round the corner light sleeper quiet at night italian hotels clean hotel stayed longer yogurt railway station murals fridge cheese arno
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

The Hotel is all in all not worth the three stars. We travelled to Pisa as a part of our car journey through Tuscany. When we arrived the receptionist unfortunately didn‘t find a reservation with our name and there was no free room. Still, we got one after a short period of time but we actually think it was one that is normally not given to guests. There was mold (italian: muffa / german: Schimmel) in the shower which made it impossible for me to take a shower there and the walls looked kind of dirty. Also that was not possible because the light in the bathroom stopped working in the evening but the night receptionist was not able to repair it. The next day we told the other receptionist and she offered us a new room (suddenly the hotel was not booked out anymore?). Inside, there was still mold at the side of the shower but at least all the lights worked. The breakfast was alright though and the persons working there happened to be friendly.
It was only a two night stay but in the end we were happy when our journey continued elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2017

visiting for a short break I picked the Leonardo due its location and reasonable price. a little wary of some of the harsher reviews I was pleasantly surprised.

here for 5 nights, and not planning to spend much time in my room, I found this a perfectly nice/adequate hotel. the interior does look a little dated/old fashioned but I think that adds to the charm. its a building in the old part of town just north of the river. the area roundabout is quite a rabbit warren of side streets full of bars and restaurants and two more main streets only a short walk away, actually most things are only a short walk away. the tower complex about 12 mins and the station about 20.

on entering reception is straight ahead with a sitting room to the left. virtually all the walls are decorated with murals that give quite a homely feel. my room, a single, was small and on first impression a little dark but like a number of old Italian hotels I've stayed in its due the furnishings. the bed surround, wardrobe, desk and table are all made of old/dark wood. once inside though it did have most things I needed. a good firm mattress, T.V, though no English channels, good aircon, excellent wifi and anti mosquito plug with tablets. on the down side, no T making facilities or fridge to cool your drinks. the bathroom in contrast was very modern. fully tiled, bright, good water pressure, shower, toilet and bidet.

breakfast was a buffet and served tween 7 & 9.30. though only continental was pretty good. T/coffee, fruit juices, a selection of bread/rolls, sweet pastries, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruits, jam/marmalade, ham and cheeses. all the usual suspects.

re the staff, they were friendly throughout and willing to help with any queries. one final reservation though, if you're a light sleeper, some noise. though for the most part this is a very quiet hotel there is a business down the street. this meant that around 6am each morning for about 15mins there'd be the noise of steel shutters being opened and raised voices. it died down very soon after and I being an early riser wasn't bothered by this but some people might be.

overall a very pleasant stay, I'd have no problem going back, as I've said its a great location and Pisa itself is in a great spot with great rail links to explore other parts of Tuscany.

Room tip: get a room at the back.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is only cheap so I didn't expect much but it was not great! There was no one at reception on arrival which was soon sorted- but our room was very dated! The bathroom was disgusting smelly like urine and lots of black mound!
On the plus side it was central so we spent most of the time out of the room
Also in the middle of the night the aircon either broke or was turned off so we were boiling!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Listen, I've read these reviews on this Hotel and can't believe how some people can complain about views and facilities at this perfectly adaquate B&B.
This is a very crowded old city and unless you are on the roof views are impossible.
It's a 3 star B&B hotel at best and this was perfect for our stay. The room was clean and bed linen changed daily. The breakfast facilities were excellent. Listen this is Italy, they don't do breakfast it's coffee at best, So the food provided is more than adequate. The staff were very friendly and helpful to us and the position of the hotel in Pisa is very central but nice and quiet at night. We had an excellent time at the Leonardo and would return in a heartbeat, see you soon guys!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank easy2pleez
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

The location of this hotel is nice. It is about 15 min. walking to de pisa tower. A lot of restaurants in the neighbourhood . The hotel itself is small. The rooms is very small. Wi-Fi is Poot. Breakfast is small but was ok for me

Date of stay: July 2017