“Very good fish, the best ragu' ”
Review of Da Balestra

Da Balestra
Ranked #9 of 168 Restaurants in Piombino
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

I frequently pass my vacation in Val di Cornia, this time I tried to discover a new restaurant in this area. Da Balestra is in the really nice historical city center of Piombino. I was there with my family being really surprised for the overall quality of this small restaurant. We got pasta and main course with fish both very well cooked and displayed while my children chose pasta and home made ravioli with the best ragu' I've ever eaten. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly. I really suggest to go there!

Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

This is the real deal! If you are looking for an authentic Tuscan experience, this is the place to come. Not an Italian "plastic-tourist-trap" but really authentic all the way! Expect a warm welcoming restaurant, which makes you feel like home, this is like being in a private home where you are treated as a real guest! Great food and great service, not forgetting the wine! We got an excellent antipasto and second dish and that was quite enough! Big portions of great quality. The best of it all was the experience, atmosphere and setting. When you walk on the street outside, it doesn't seem like being a fantastic restaurant but as soon as we entered, we felt the magic this place creates. The passion from the owner was a pleasure to feel, and it's clear that he loves what he is doing. We are definitely coming back!

Reviewed December 24, 2014

Definitely a great restaurant! I've been eating here a couple of times and both I've been really satisfied of the quality of the food - my colleagues also appreciated.
The waiter has been kind and helpful for translating all the menu to the foreigners and to explain recipes and preparation of the various dishes. Portions have been quite abundant, therefore it is advisable not to take too many courses. Ravioli are handmade by the cook, savory and delicious with every kind of sauce. Second courses vary according to the day, thus I suggest to ask to the waiter for advice.
I strongly suggest to give a try to this restaurant, the best in Piombino as far as I know!

Reviewed October 5, 2014

Very good quality food and wine at a very reasonable price. The menu changes often and the owner will explain it to you. They have a large selection of food and they are very flexible to meet your request. This is definitely my favorite restaurant in Piombino. It has been for years and has never disappointed me.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

After one week of holiday in Piombino and after ten differents restaurants ( you will find the review of everything ) here I am to write what I consider one of the best culinary experience.

We had almost everywhere touristic food and nothing special, but in this place you will finally have what you're looking for.

Tasty and with a great expression of the territory.
Premium quality ingredients superbly cooked.

I want to spend a couple of minutes to speak about the wine selection that represents one of the main thing that interests me in a restaurant.
You have a very complete different Tuscany selection and just ask to the owner to have exactly what you're looking for.
We had a great bottle of wine, one that I will remember for long time.

Let's speak also about service and personality of Marco, the owner of this astonish place.
He is a true lover of this job, a great man that leaves you breathless after 1 minute.
It's a pleasure to listen to him speaking about history of the product.

I have just one other thing to add.
If you don't go in this place to eat you will never taste the true Tuscany spirit. There is nothing better because this place is a true dream.

Thank you for everything Marco, we will bring the memory of an unforgettable lunch.