“Terrible!! Never again”

Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Piombino
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

We went to this place because of a lot of good comment. But it was absolutely terrible. First: they absolutely don't have menu. If u want to order something - take an italien friend with u, because waiter read menu in Italien language. Of course no prizes..absolutely bad organization. We ordered a plate with different kind of fish and spaghetti with seafood.
The plate: octopus - overcooked and absolutely burned! Fish - salty. Absolutely impossible to eat. For the whole plate only 4-5 seafood for a big prize. Terrible
Spaghetti: it was spicy. Not possible to eat absolutely. Very small dish for a big prize.
The only one that was good - wine.
For everything we paid 27 Euro( 2 glass of wine were about 4 Euro) and went to eat a big pizza.
Never again.

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

We where visiting Piombino just for a day, and at lunch time ran a quick search for a good place to eat. Da Balestra seemed interesting, and while we found it a bit difficult to locate - or was it just us? - it was well worth some extra walking around the blocks. The restaurant was very cosy. The waiter (owner?) was most friendly and took time to explain the extensive menu of a day in detail in English. We had antipasto di terra, homemade ravioli with ragu, Baccala alla Livornese and grilled fish (forgot which one...). Everything was very tasty and well made, and the prices were very reasonable. We would definitely visit Da Balestra again.

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

I frequently pass my vacation in Val di Cornia, this time I tried to discover a new restaurant in this area. Da Balestra is in the really nice historical city center of Piombino. I was there with my family being really surprised for the overall quality of this small restaurant. We got pasta and main course with fish both very well cooked and displayed while my children chose pasta and home made ravioli with the best ragu' I've ever eaten. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly. I really suggest to go there!

Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

This is the real deal! If you are looking for an authentic Tuscan experience, this is the place to come. Not an Italian "plastic-tourist-trap" but really authentic all the way! Expect a warm welcoming restaurant, which makes you feel like home, this is like being in a private home where you are treated as a real guest! Great food and great service, not forgetting the wine! We got an excellent antipasto and second dish and that was quite enough! Big portions of great quality. The best of it all was the experience, atmosphere and setting. When you walk on the street outside, it doesn't seem like being a fantastic restaurant but as soon as we entered, we felt the magic this place creates. The passion from the owner was a pleasure to feel, and it's clear that he loves what he is doing. We are definitely coming back!

Reviewed December 24, 2014

Definitely a great restaurant! I've been eating here a couple of times and both I've been really satisfied of the quality of the food - my colleagues also appreciated.
The waiter has been kind and helpful for translating all the menu to the foreigners and to explain recipes and preparation of the various dishes. Portions have been quite abundant, therefore it is advisable not to take too many courses. Ravioli are handmade by the cook, savory and delicious with every kind of sauce. Second courses vary according to the day, thus I suggest to ask to the waiter for advice.
I strongly suggest to give a try to this restaurant, the best in Piombino as far as I know!