“Exceptional”

Ranked #9 of 165 Restaurants in Piombino
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2017

I am lucky to have eaten in many wonderful restaurants around the world but Da Balestra is - in my opinion - truly exceptional. The care and attention that Marco gives when describing the day's menu is delightful and the food is divine - every mouthful is a pleasure. I can especially recommend the sizzling plate with Tuscan beef and pork.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place. I feel sorry that I wasn't hungry. The suggested wine was a great choice for me even though it was made on little information.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

We went to this place because of a lot of good comment. But it was absolutely terrible. First: they absolutely don't have menu. If u want to order something - take an italien friend with u, because waiter read menu in Italien language. Of course no prizes..absolutely bad organization. We ordered a plate with different kind of fish and spaghetti with seafood.
The plate: octopus - overcooked and absolutely burned! Fish - salty. Absolutely impossible to eat. For the whole plate only 4-5 seafood for a big prize. Terrible
Spaghetti: it was spicy. Not possible to eat absolutely. Very small dish for a big prize.
The only one that was good - wine.
For everything we paid 27 Euro( 2 glass of wine were about 4 Euro) and went to eat a big pizza.
Never again.

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

We where visiting Piombino just for a day, and at lunch time ran a quick search for a good place to eat. Da Balestra seemed interesting, and while we found it a bit difficult to locate - or was it just us? - it was well worth some extra walking around the blocks. The restaurant was very cosy. The waiter (owner?) was most friendly and took time to explain the extensive menu of a day in detail in English. We had antipasto di terra, homemade ravioli with ragu, Baccala alla Livornese and grilled fish (forgot which one...). Everything was very tasty and well made, and the prices were very reasonable. We would definitely visit Da Balestra again.

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

I frequently pass my vacation in Val di Cornia, this time I tried to discover a new restaurant in this area. Da Balestra is in the really nice historical city center of Piombino. I was there with my family being really surprised for the overall quality of this small restaurant. We got pasta and main course with fish both very well cooked and displayed while my children chose pasta and home made ravioli with the best ragu' I've ever eaten. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly. I really suggest to go there!