“Really great atmosphere! My daughters were fascinated by the class and chef:-)”

Montese Cooking Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In a world where frenzy is the rule, we are convinced that great importance must be put on regaining possession of the fleeting moments to restore your energy. What better way to do that than by creating something with your own hands?! We want to share with you what until now have been our secrets: love, which is created with a ladle in your hand, a pot on the stove, a little flour scattered everywhere, and harmony, which eventually finds its peak round the table.The kitchen is for us the Cradle of Love. As we share our secrets, we also want to share our stove!! Join us in our kitchen for a wonderful cooking experience together!We recommend our basic cooking classes to the people who approach for the first time to the Tuscan cooking tradition. To dishes with special flavors which are prepared using only the best local products other than those of our own vegetable garden. You will learn to prepare handmade pasta, ravioli, ribollita and other delicious recipes of our area .. plunging fully into a family atmosphere and into a location of rare beauty.
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Very well organized event and at the same time extremely relaxing. Closeness to the nature, domestic animals, great views on Toscana fields and San Giminiano added a lot to the atmosphere. Mauro is an absolutely charming guy, who not only provides the cooking experience, but also jokes, tell the stories and engages the attendants in additional activities. My teenage daughters were totally in love with the class at the personality of our chef.

All reviews
"amazing experience"
in 10 reviews
"his assistant"

Reviewed October 14, 2018

I must tell you about a wonderful evening my husband and I had at the Montese cooking school.
Mauro is the epitome of graciousness,the best host and cook and teacher. When we arrived he told us he had only two rules,first RELAX and second never have your wine glass empty. That set the tone for one of the best evenings we ever had. The setting was just gorgeous,we arrived early and he poured the wine and my husband and I enjoyed the beautiful countryside while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive.
We made pasta and ravioli and Tuscan bread and tiramisu for dessert. What fun we had. We all sat and enjoyed the fruits of our labor and it was fantastic. He knew we were in Florence to celebrate my birthday so at the end of the evening to my surprise the lights went out and he brought my dessert out with a lit candle. His lovely mother was there and again to my surprise she videotaped taped it on my phone. How thoughtful was that? It was a great learning experience but even more it was a fun and extremely memorable experience. He later emailed us all the recipes we worked with that night plus additional ones that I am dying to try.
All in all it was an unforgettable evening we spent in the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
We are so looking forward to returning to San Gimignano and the Montese cooking school on our next trip. Thank you Mauro for a fun and fantastic evening.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Montese cooking experience was amazing! It was so personal and relaxing. Chef Mauro made it a comfortable environment and taught you many insights into Italian cooking. I didn’t want to leave. It was an amazing cooking experience with a small group.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This course was absolutely wonderful. Mauro was a warm and welcoming host. We enjoyed the experience the menu was wonderful there was lots of wine and no shortage of food. Would recommend and would certainly return should we come back to Italy. Five star experience if you’re considering a cooking course in this are you’d be foolish not to book with montese!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We travelled to Tuscany as a group of 8 friends and decided to take the cooking class with Mauro. It was an outstanding experience, It was an absolute highlight of the trip for all of us. Mauro and his sister Marta made us feel at home right away. The setting is perfect, up in the hills just outside San Gimignano. The cooking area is set up outside overlooking the hills. The pasta, sauce, bread and dessert we made, all led perfectly by Mauro, was excellent and we ate at an outdoor table setting that was classic Tuscan. Mauro was a great teacher and open to many questions from the group. He facilitated a hands on experience that was relaxed and entertaining. So much fun. He provided clear recipes and instructions afterward that we’ve used at home with success. If you are thinking of taking a cooking class while in Tuscany, there really is no need to look further than the Montese cooking school with Mauro. Outstanding!

Date of experience: September 2018