“YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST”

Montese Cooking Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In a world where frenzy is the rule, we are convinced that great importance must be put on regaining possession of the fleeting moments to restore your energy. What better way to do that than by creating something with your own hands?! We want to share with you what until now have been our secrets: love, which is created with a ladle in your hand, a pot on the stove, a little flour scattered everywhere, and harmony, which eventually finds its peak round the table.The kitchen is for us the Cradle of Love. As we share our secrets, we also want to share our stove!! Join us in our kitchen for a wonderful cooking experience together!We recommend our basic cooking classes to the people who approach for the first time to the Tuscan cooking tradition. To dishes with special flavors which are prepared using only the best local products other than those of our own vegetable garden. You will learn to prepare handmade pasta, ravioli, ribollita and other delicious recipes of our area .. plunging fully into a family atmosphere and into a location of rare beauty.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent 3 weeks in Italy and this was definitely one of the highlights. Between the gorgeous setting, charming atmosphere, free-flowing wine, meeting people from other countries (half of our group was from Russia), Chef Mauro's fantastic sense of humor (and be sure to ask him to play his guitar for you), and the Tuscany scenery, it was like relaxing with great friends at their home. BUT THERE'S MORE ... you also get to cook and eat (a lot!). Are you going to emerge a 5* chef? Of course not. But for the average person, it's the perfect introduction to making pasta and other Italian yummies. Highly recommend!!!! So fun!!!!!

All reviews
"own garden"
"takes place"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very well organized event and at the same time extremely relaxing. Closeness to the nature, domestic animals, great views on Toscana fields and San Giminiano added a lot to the atmosphere. Mauro is an absolutely charming guy, who not only provides the cooking experience, but also jokes, tell the stories and engages the attendants in additional activities. My teenage daughters were totally in love with the class at the personality of our chef.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I must tell you about a wonderful evening my husband and I had at the Montese cooking school.
Mauro is the epitome of graciousness,the best host and cook and teacher. When we arrived he told us he had only two rules,first RELAX and second never have your wine glass empty. That set the tone for one of the best evenings we ever had. The setting was just gorgeous,we arrived early and he poured the wine and my husband and I enjoyed the beautiful countryside while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive.
We made pasta and ravioli and Tuscan bread and tiramisu for dessert. What fun we had. We all sat and enjoyed the fruits of our labor and it was fantastic. He knew we were in Florence to celebrate my birthday so at the end of the evening to my surprise the lights went out and he brought my dessert out with a lit candle. His lovely mother was there and again to my surprise she videotaped taped it on my phone. How thoughtful was that? It was a great learning experience but even more it was a fun and extremely memorable experience. He later emailed us all the recipes we worked with that night plus additional ones that I am dying to try.
All in all it was an unforgettable evening we spent in the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
We are so looking forward to returning to San Gimignano and the Montese cooking school on our next trip. Thank you Mauro for a fun and fantastic evening.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Montese cooking experience was amazing! It was so personal and relaxing. Chef Mauro made it a comfortable environment and taught you many insights into Italian cooking. I didn’t want to leave. It was an amazing cooking experience with a small group.