“Fantastic fantastic fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Best roasted chicken I ever had in my whole life! Pasta is also wonderful!! Hope I could visit again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed September 30, 2018

i chose this restaurant despite having read in tripadvisor that some people had bad experiences with the manners of the owner, whose replies in ripadvisor were sometimes unpolite

i had no problem at all in this sense

thefood was excellent, good pasta with safran and other ingredients, superb pasta with artichoke and trufle, cheese burrata, the three chocolates dessert... all was good

the service was slow, but polite

the price was reasonable

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

I had pre-booked, so we had a table outside on the terrace, which is really lovely. The food was good, but unfortunately our starters and main courses were a bit cold. Overall, however, we had a good evening.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

I had selected two restaurants for our stay in San Gimignano , this being one of them, so was delighted to secure a booking. The courtyard in which you eat is intimate and comfortable. The service is very pleasant and attentive. On top of that, the food is very good. Two courses with a bottle of excellent wine, water and digestifs was 80 euros including the tip. What more can I say?
Except, the two wacky and inaccurate reviews recently do a business like this no good and should be taken with a large pinch of salt!

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

They didnt want us to take a reservation, because the restaurant was going to be "full" for people getting there without reservation. We came back at night and it was empty, but they told us that was all booked. Ridiculous!

1  Thank Pablo E
Locanda L, Proprietario at Ristorante Locanda La Mandragola, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

I told you that the restaurant is all booked, not all complete at 19:00 when I open. Once Virgilio tells to Dante Alighieri: do not worry about them but look and go. Long time ago a very important person says: God forgive them because they do not know what they say.