1,522 results
All reviews villa san paolo great resort wonderful spa heated indoor outdoor pool spa hotel wellness area tuscan countryside beautiful location balcony overlooking our honeymoon rooms are large hotel is situated rolling hills short drive olive groves fantastic views stayed nights
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights.

What a beautiful location.
Our room looked out across olive groves and vineyards on to San Gimignano.

It's a 15minute drive to San Gimignano, a city well worth visiting.

The hotel staff have all been a delight.
The room was nice.
The hotel food is THE let-down.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2018

I stayed here with a tour group and was not happy with the first room I was given. The staff handled my concerns very professionally and with great understanding. The only available room was an upgrade, which was worth the reasonable amount I had to pay in. The 2nd room was lovely, very comfortable and had a great view over the Tuscan countryside to the towers of San Gimignano on the other side of the valley. This would be a great location if you have your own transport, otherwise it's pretty isolated - it's a long way from San Gimignano and there is no shuttle service provided by the hotel to town and back if you'd like to go out for dinner. The breakfasts were really good, but the dinners were less impressive. The WiFi rarely worked but, from my 2nd room, I was at least able to get a decent mobile phone signal, so I could just use my mobile data instead.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Our room was large, attractive, clean and comfortable. We had a view from a French balcony of one of the historic buildings on the property on one side, and a large patio on the other, from which we could watch the sun rise over the Tuscan countryside. The hotel and grounds are attractive and breakfast was good. The resort is too far from San Gimignano to be able to go there without transportation. The other drawback is the poor WiFi. It's almost nonexistent. Still, if you want a remote resort with a beautiful view, this is it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2018

This is a wonderful choice to stay in Tuscany. The views are incredible, the rooms very comfortable and the service quite good (we especially liked the young man at the bar whose name unfortunately escapes me!). It's a bit remote but that just adds to the beauty of the place. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2018

This hotel is not close to town however it is situated on a beautiful property that is nice to get away from the business of towns. Great breakfasts and staff were extremely helpful. While here be sure to check out a nearby winery that is within walking distance. Nice decks off of our room to relax on after a busy day.

Date of stay: September 2018