All reviews wonderful boutique hotel hand painted ceilings car valet service massive bathroom sapphire room diamond suite own private balcony tiny lift reception and breakfast room jacuzzi tub separate bedroom pastries location is great spent wonderful nights vaulted ceilings firm mattress small hotel
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel in the Siena City center. The Ruby room in which we stayed was spacious and beautiful with painted vaulted ceilings. The hot tub in the the room was an excellent addition and provided great relaxation after long days of trekking around sightseeing. There were two TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom.

Breakfast is included and had a variety of tasty offerings: scrambled eggs, bacon, meats and cheeses, yogurt, fresh produce, and pastries.

The staff is supremely friendly and accommodating. They even brought my girlfriend a cupcake with a candle in it one morning because they noticed on her passport that it was her birthday -- a very nice surprise!

There were a couple of problems, like the bathroom door not being able to close due to warping (we propped the small trash can in front of it to achieve as much privacy as possible). The area with the couches could have used a coffee table and an anti-slip mat under the rug. The bed was a bit firm for me even though I like a firm mattress. But these were fairly minor offenses given the beauty of the rest of the services and accommodations (though these are why I gave it four stars instead of five).

My girlfriend and I and loved it. She even said she felt like a princess staying there as we went for her birthday and everything was so nice. I would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Siena I, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Dear Mr Derek R,
thank you for your nice review.
Our Junior Suite Rubino is a very comfortable and elegant room with painted vaulted ceiling and a romantic canopy bed.
Thank you for the suggestions about the room, we will definitely consider them.
We are glad to read that you appreciated our breakfast buffet and our offer of a big variety of salty and sweet products.
You chose the Relais degli Angeli for a special occasion and we are happy that you will have a beautiful memory of your stay in Siena, with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Sabrina

Reviewed February 4, 2018

The Relais degli Angeli could be described as a B&B but that would not do justice to this elegant accommodation. The rooms are large and luxurious and very comfortable. The staff are helpful and attentive and the breakfast was first class. The premises are centrally located and within walking distance of most of Siena's attractions.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin W
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Dear Mr Martin

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great comments.
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have
the pleasure to welcoming you back to Siena !

Best Regards,
Federica Ciarmoli

Reviewed January 25, 2018

This place is spectacular! HUGE room and very luxurious. I would highly recommend and will definitely stay here every time I visit Siena in the future. We booked the deluxe room which was only slightly higher than a single room but had a living room and dining area with a massive bathroom with his and her toilet and jacuzzi tub with huge walk in shower. I’d live here and be happy!

Room tip: Deluxe room is worth every penny.
2  Thank Grant M
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Responsabile reception at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Dear Guest,
I'm truly grateful for your kind feedback left on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to see that you appreciated all the Relais.
Regarding your room, you stayed in our Suite, that is the biggest room that we have! :-)
Wishing to welcome you again in future,
Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 23, 2018

The building and room have wonderful painted roofs, also furniture is well matched to the historical atmosphere. Excellent location in historical centre, useful car valet service. Nice, very responsive staff.

Dear Guest,
thank you for devoting your time to your kind review on Tripadvisor!
It is such a pleasure to read that you deeply enjoyed the Relais position, the staff, and the Car Valet service.
Hoping to welcome you again,
Best Regards

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Beautiful, very comfortable and located in the city center a few steps from the main monuments. It was great to arrive at the hotel with all the bags to check in and have had the chance to sit at one of the tables in a bar in Piazza del Campo a few minutes later. The staff is really kind and considerate. Excellent breakfast

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cesare_P56
RELAISDEGLIANGELI, Responsabile reception at Relais degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for leaving your nice review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Relais degli Angeli, the Breakfast offer and Cafeteria and furthermore the Relais location.
I am such proud of my Staff efficiency and helpfulness!
Hoping to welcome you again,