“What an experience!”

and up
Tuscan Cooking Class in Central Siena
Ranked #20 of 154 things to do in Siena
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We were 4 friends who spent a magical evening in Lella's kitchen. From the warm greeting to the feast at the end, everything was perfect. We made a typical Sienese dinner starting with the most amazing soup we've ever eaten (called Pappa col Pomodoro). We made the Picci pasta which we ordered almost every night afterwards because we loved it so much. Naturally that wasn't the end of the meal- we also had the most tender beef and topped it all off with ricciarelli which are their traditional almond cookies.
The atmosphere of Lella's kitchen is warm and inviting. Her colleague and translator was was patient and fun. We left happy and full!!
We would highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We were 2 couples and enjoyed this experience very much. The Madame who was the chef and instructor was speaking Italian and she had a very nice lady translate for her, they were a great team! The idea here is less about cooking yourself, but more about being in a beautiful kitchen watching a master do her work. It is very well organized and there is a symbolic approach to being involved and cooking, meaning, some one in the group gets to do a few things to facilitate the meal. We were lucky as both guys in our group played a significant role in the preparation of 2 main dishes.

Best part though is the group dynamic and eating together at the end of it all. The food was really delicious and it's a great feeling to see it from start to finish.

If I can make one recommendation to Madame chef, it'll be to spend less time making the fresh pasta as it is a good exercise to do, but not really a practical one as it does take some skill to make the pasta thin enough to enjoy eating . My advice would be to continue with the making of fresh pasta but have some already made up to actually serve. The pasta we made was not interesting in my opinion, however the tomato sauce was superb.

Other than that, it was a beautiful evening and a great way to have dinner outside of a resto. I highly recommend taking the time to try it!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My daughter (11 yr) and I took a 4 hour course learning to make Pastas and Sauces. Lella and her team were incredible. They give the recipes and instructions to take home. After we made all the food, the feast was stunning. My daughter asked if we could do another day of cooking. This was an experience of a lifetime and I highly recommend this to anyone. Lella is patience and her staff is amazing. If I had more time in Siena, I would have signed up for another session. This was my daughters favorite part of the trip.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I did a cooking lesson with 3 friends and the whole experience was fantastic. Lella demonstrated different dishes and asked us to participate at different stages. We all made pici, (a local type of spaghetti). Angela translated for Lella and another colleague also helped out. They were all friendly and we asked loads of questions. We then ate the delicious dinner that we cooked washed down with a bottle of chianti.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I attended this cooking lesson with my family - my parents and three sisters. This was SO much fun. Not knowing what to expect, I was not prepared for the extreme professional attitude and atmosphere. We toured Italy for ten days but the pasta, steak, and other menu items we made with Chef Lella were definitely the best food I had on this trip. I recreated the pasta, Pici, for my husband and kids when I returned home. We were late to our class, but Lella and our interpreter, Julie, were very understanding and took interest in correcting the communication problem that caused us to be late. We had a private lesson, so they gave us their full attention. I was very happy that we did this activity.