“Great timr”

and up
Tuscan Cooking Class in Central Siena
Ranked #5 of 154 things to do in Siena
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

By far the best meal in Tuscany- and we can say that we made it! Great kitchen and chefs. It was interactive and we even got to take the recipes home.

All reviews
"four courses"
"private lesson"
"wonderful chef"

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Our favorite activity in Siena and Florence! Oh, the sites and arts are beautiful yet after walking about the cities, it was truly a pleasure to be guided in making our own amazing Tuscan meal. So special that we go home with the recipes and experience to share this family and friends at home. Francisco, as Italian instructor with Julie as translator, made an awesome team teaching us a 4 course meal. We made Sformato di Pecorino with Pear Sauce for Antipasta. This is a cheese “soufflé” with fruit sauce - nice combination of bite and sweet. Second, we made a Tomato, Garlic, and Basil Sauce over home made pasta. Yes, we made the pasta - so good and we can do this at home. Third, a Roasted Pork Loin, stuffed with herbs, served with Roasted Potatoes. Delicious and so savory. For dessert, we made Cantuccini Biscuits to go with some dessert wine. Great value as you get to eat a better meal than most restaurants and learn cooking techniques at same time. I want to do this again!

Reviewed September 21, 2017

We were 4 friends who spent a magical evening in Lella's kitchen. From the warm greeting to the feast at the end, everything was perfect. We made a typical Sienese dinner starting with the most amazing soup we've ever eaten (called Pappa col Pomodoro). We made the Picci pasta which we ordered almost every night afterwards because we loved it so much. Naturally that wasn't the end of the meal- we also had the most tender beef and topped it all off with ricciarelli which are their traditional almond cookies.
The atmosphere of Lella's kitchen is warm and inviting. Her colleague and translator was was patient and fun. We left happy and full!!
We would highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We were 2 couples and enjoyed this experience very much. The Madame who was the chef and instructor was speaking Italian and she had a very nice lady translate for her, they were a great team! The idea here is less about cooking yourself, but more about being in a beautiful kitchen watching a master do her work. It is very well organized and there is a symbolic approach to being involved and cooking, meaning, some one in the group gets to do a few things to facilitate the meal. We were lucky as both guys in our group played a significant role in the preparation of 2 main dishes.

Best part though is the group dynamic and eating together at the end of it all. The food was really delicious and it's a great feeling to see it from start to finish.

If I can make one recommendation to Madame chef, it'll be to spend less time making the fresh pasta as it is a good exercise to do, but not really a practical one as it does take some skill to make the pasta thin enough to enjoy eating . My advice would be to continue with the making of fresh pasta but have some already made up to actually serve. The pasta we made was not interesting in my opinion, however the tomato sauce was superb.

Other than that, it was a beautiful evening and a great way to have dinner outside of a resto. I highly recommend taking the time to try it!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2017

My daughter (11 yr) and I took a 4 hour course learning to make Pastas and Sauces. Lella and her team were incredible. They give the recipes and instructions to take home. After we made all the food, the feast was stunning. My daughter asked if we could do another day of cooking. This was an experience of a lifetime and I highly recommend this to anyone. Lella is patience and her staff is amazing. If I had more time in Siena, I would have signed up for another session. This was my daughters favorite part of the trip.