Hotel Athena(Siena)
US$140
Hotel Minerva(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Sangallo Park Hotel(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$87
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Hotel Duomo(Siena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$137
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Hotel Italia(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$88
  • Breakfast included
I Tetti di Siena(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$87
US$117
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftbreakfast is servedan easy walktrain stationcellarstaircasetuscany
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We wanted something walking distance but is not really close like the location map suggested. The room is small, the bathroom even smaller with really bad towels that are useless (first time we see those). The recepcionist smoke in the morning and the smell wake you up (on th second floor, really small hotel) and you have to wait 20 min. for breakfast since they have only two tables.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mpuertorico
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed here very recently and would recommend it to anybody visiting Siena. It is a leisurely 10 minute walk to the Campo and in a quiet and safe street. The rooms are comfortable if small but everything you need is there. Try and get a top floor room as they have views, the rest don't. If you are driving they say you can park at Porta Romana very nearby but we couldn't find a space. Try the Due Ponti carpark down near Porta Pispina and get the number 52 or B bus up to the town. The car park is free and the bus drops you off very near the hotel. Breakfast in the hotel is okay but if you are in no hurry go out for it instead, as the Campo is beautiful in the morning. Overall, a hotel I'll return to.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel in June 2009. My room was at the very top of the tower. It was hard to climb all of those stairs after a day of sights. The room was small, as I expected. What I did not expect was the room's relative uncleanliness. The shower had random hairs in it. I could tell that the shower was probably never cleaned. The foot of the bed had sand in it, which was quite bizarre. Air conditioning was advertised, yet it was turned off and could only be turned on by the front desk. Here is the catch: the desk person leaves at 6:00PM and locks the doors. So, I had no way of turning on the air. Fortunately, I was so high up that mosquitoes were not a problem. The owner was a bit crazy and did not offer to make breakfast on the second day of my stay. Luckily she called a taxi for me to get to the train station. The hotel was out of the way and I got lost and found myself walking to the town wall next to some random hospital. Not a good use of 85 Euros a night.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank redbaron01
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Friendly and nice owners. Good room service. It's Siena, so it's noisy and hot and full of fume and cigarette smoke even at night. Ok if you want to stay in Siena.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Ok, so it's not the anodyne, safe-bet of a large chain - it's an Italian back street tower which has rooms to sleep in - more of a B&B, sure, and I'd certainly not pay the 'list' price, but we rang up way before our trip, got a great deal, and decided (sensibly) not to buy the breakfast at 7 euros. That said, the rooms were clean, decor was stylish (a pleasant change after the dump we'd been in in Florence) and it was handy for the Campo, while not being over-run by crowds/noise. The owner was pleasant and helpful, though I would agree that the lass who did the day shift was certfiably bonkers, and had clealy trained at the Basil Fawlty College of Customer Satisfaction. We quickly decided she was as mad as a hatter, but as we only needed her to pass us our keys on entry/departure, we didn't let it spoil our stay.

My advice would be to try it, if you fancy something more authentic than a Best Western, and as long as you can broker a good price for yourself!

• Stayed: February 2009