“Wonderful service and extremely helpful”
Review of Hotel Garden

Hotel Garden
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Siena
“Wonderful service and extremely helpful”
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

We just left hotel garden and we had such an amazing experience there. The staff was so accommodating. Checking in and checking out was a breeze. My husband and I did not make reservation for ourselves, they did everything for us! We had a fantastic time and will stay there again in the future! We are already looking forward to planning the next trip there,

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malibu, California
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have been there a couple of times during the last year and I always have foud a nice place were to stay, very clean and the people who work there are so kind and helpful,expecially the people at the reception.
For sure, I advice this hotel to everyone who wants to find a warm and quiet place where to stay during your vacation in the awesome Sienna!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Yes, I can confirm from other reviews that this is not a 4*. Actually, it seems that if you stay in central building, you will have a better experience - however we were placed into one of the adjacent properties that definitely do not live up to expectations. On the positive side, it is clean, surrounded by great gardens, affordable and has free parking. Also, it will take you 15 minutes of pleasant walk to the old city which was not a hassle at all. However, our room had a view of the concrete wall, had a tiny shower in otherwise large bathroom (?), creaky bed, plastic cups in the bathroom and a really smelly blanket that we used to replace bed cover you are supposed to use for the night (that we did not like the look of). Honestly, we took this hotel just to sleep overnight so it was not a big deal, but I was let down by its 4* presentation versus what we got. Staff will probably write a reply to this along the lines of "you should have complained". No, I should have not - you're a 4*, everything should have been as expected from your rating. I'd have told you all this if you had asked me how was my stay on checkout, which you sadly did not.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danchee
Hotel Garden Si... D, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Garden, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear danchee, thanks for spending time with this review. Our hotel had being converted from a villa of the 16thcentury and it has only 20 rooms in it and the remaining 100 are located in two outbuildings. Regarding the blanket, our is a non-smoking hotel, it is reported in all rooms and is also explained at the time of reservations. Unfortunately, not all people comply with the prohibitions..I apologize for not giving you the opportunity to give us an immediate feedback at the time of your departure: the reception staff is very attentive and friendly, I do not justify them, but I can assure it was an exception. I hope you get back among our guests, especially in summer time, when open spaces, which you liked, buy even more charm, colors and scents. Have a nice day,

Livingston, NJ
Reviewed 1 May 2012

When we travel to as important a city in Europe as Siena is, we do not want to be miles away from all the sites. Not only is this totally out of the way, we are big walkers and the walk to anything of significance was uninteresting for at least the first 2 kilometers since the neighborhood is not attractive. Also, they charge for WiFi while I stayed in 5 other hotels during this trip (3 of them only 3 star) and they ALL had free WiFi. And my bathroom had ants crawling around. Another complaint was that they did not clear the tables for breakfast and we had to clear one ourselves.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel Garden Si... D, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Garden, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear Mr Handhnh, thank you so much for spending your time leaving a review about us, we really appreciate that. Our Hotel consists of a main villa of the 16th century and of two modern annexes. They are set in a park with secular trees and equipped with tennis court, swimming pool and a huge terrace overlooking Siena. It is 15 minutes on foot from the start of the historic center, Porta Camollia, the ancient entrance to the old Via Francigena. From there you can breathe the magic of our city, until you reach Piazza del Campo, the true heart of Siena. Our hotel has the features and the quiet of a hotel nestled in the tuscan’s countryside, but with a walking distance to down town. More than just a point against, I think is a plus . I apologize for the waiters that did not clean your table before you sitting there to enjoy our breakfast; it is not an excuse, but sometimes the rooms get crowded during rush hours and sometimes the guys do not notice all. My concern will be to inform the maìtre who will take appropriate action to avoid disappointments during breakfast time, which has always represented one of our strengths, according to the quality and the variety of products offered.
Hoping to greeting you as our customer in another occasion, I remain with my best regards and wish you have a lovely day.
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 29 April 2012

It begins with your walk through the door, when you are greeted promptly and warmly by the staff, of this lovely, classic Italian hotel. They genuinely want you to enjoy your experience and will help you in any way they can. (Please show them the same kindness, as they deserve nothing less.) My room was sweetly situated in such a way that my skyward reaching window overlooked olive tree covered rolling hills. Bed was firm - which is what my back needs. The shower alone is worth the stay. My room was always cleaned as if I had brought my own Italian mother along on the trip to take care of me. I can say the same for the food and the staff who treated me like royalty at breakfast and dinner. A walk around the hotel grounds is a magical experience, even in the rain. The walk to the central area of Siena is less than an easy mile. Runners - take your shoes for Siena offers a unique experience.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff and tell them about your preferences. If you enter the conversation trusting that...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Giovanna39639, it is a pleasure doing this job when you meet people so nice and attentive to detail and efforts, like you. Our smile should always be in our lips regardless, but what I have now when I'm answering you it is really a sincere smile, spontaneous, and I want to send it up to Indianapolis! All the Garden Hotel staff thanks you for the delicacy of your words. What say more..I just hope to receive you as our guest as soon as possible! A warm greeting from Siena, which seems it has remained into your heart. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Beautiful surrounding, Lovley gardens, high on a hill which gives you beautiful views of the city of Siena. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were large. The reception staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was very good. Good value for money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012
A fairy tale..what better compliment can you get?! only the title of your review says it all! thanks for being our guests and have spent your time back home writing these nice words about us! I just have to invite you to come back into our ‘book’, to join us for the next adventure.. a warm greeting from Siena,
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I'm not sure what it was, but the hotel felt like a hotel made from an old hospital. Had that sanitary, kind of emotionless feel. Not the hotels fault but it rained almost the entire time we were there, quite cold, put a bit of a damper on our stay. Enjoyed the bathroom, rain shower and toiletries supplied. Bed was comfortable and we were given a nice little patio off our room (we couldn't use). 12 Euro cab ride into the main town piazza - too far but we enjoyed how quiet the hotel grounds were. Good hot breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FynnGrace
Dear fynngrace , thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about us. Meanwhile, I would point out that our hotel includes 125 rooms, twenty of them located in the Villa of the 16th century and the remaining one-hundred split Into two modern annexes (the one that you said it is like an Hospital it was made by a famous architect ). The whole property is surrounded by a forest of trees, rose gardens and a view on the profiles of Siena. The typical tranquility of the Tuscan countryside just 20 minutes walk to the city center..a real peace that you also had appreciated. I hope you are coming back in the summer season, where everything is colorful, full of flowers, the pool available and all meals are served in the panoramic terrace. Waiting to greeting you in a other occasion, I send you my best regards,